TYP901 Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early 911 Video - Driver training here we come!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early 911 Video - Driver training here we come!

Thought some of you may like the thread/video that is on the early S site.
    I am sure we would all like our early 911's to handle like this...
    Maybe we can have some input from some as to how we get them to handle this well in an autocross/motorkhana event!

Alex Webster
    A few Porsches in the shed

hey alex

aussie motorkhana's are typically tight course, 1st gear events where you need your car to turn/swing very abruptly.

most people disconnect their front sway bar, set the rear sway bar to full hard, set the brakes to maximum rear bias, lots of rear tyre pressure - in order to maximise front grip and minimise rear grip so they can turn around the cones very tightly.

however, the us motorkhanas seem to include 2nd and 3rd gear sections and i think they use a more regular track setup.

Comment

yeah I have done my fair share of motorkhana's here, especially those at DECA in Shepparton, and ones that have been held on grass (grassakhana) and even ice/snow on the 3 peaks Rallye in country victoria. They vary a fair bit as you say, and trying to get that back end round in most of them is the fun bit, even with the help of a hand brake!
      Just was really impressed by the turn in of that car which had very little body roll and little understeer, which is what generally happens when you go harder on the suspension settings. Maybe as you say really making the rear hard as a rock you get rid of most of the roll anyways?
      Alex Webster
      A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Great Footage! Thanks for the thread.

Been trying to work out how to save it with no luck.

Anyone know how to do it?
        Cam Arnott
        Looking for engine #6208151
        1970 911E (Sold)
        '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
        2 x Split Screen Kombis
        TYP 901 Register # 78
        Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Working...
        X