Marelli distributor instalation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marelli distributor instalation.

Does anyone know which terminal on the coil the low tension wire should connect to the distributor? It was connected to the negitive terminal with the old distributor but when I do that with the marelli, the fuel pump cuts out with the ignition on.
    Attached Files

I think it's the black/purple - tacho wire.
    John Forcier
    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
    Restoration Saga
    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Where should the low tension wire in the attached photo of my distributor be connected to?

Comment

Coil neg needs to go to the points but I'd need to see it with the cap off.
        Jeff Eelkema
        TYP 901 #132
        S-Reg #1431
        69E (project)
        various bevel Ducatis
        60s Vespa

Comment

Here are some pictures with the cap off.
          Any ideas?
          Thanks.
          Kris.
          Attached Files

Comment

Ive replaced the points, cap looks brand new and the rotor is very clean.
            And just put the old distributor in and it fired up first go so the plugs and wires are good also.

Comment

Just checked each lead, I put a spark plug in each lead and all produced a spark. So Im assuming I have the distributor in the wrong position.
              I will try again.

Comment

Please forgive me for not devoting my weekends to working on my engine for such a long time, (to much time surfing) but I did finally did get my Marelli distributor installed correctly.
                I installed everything correctly except the condenser. Started straight away
                I will ask about more issues later.

Comment

Working...
                X