Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June 25 - Lunch Run - Sydney and Canberra 901'ers

Sydney 901'ers,

Dennis Brooks and I are arranging a run to Berrima on the date above.

Meeting at Crossroads Hotels at 10.00 for 10.30 departure.

We'll go over Razorback Mountain 8) and onto Berrima the back way.... The roads are ideal for early cars, and fun.... without being too fast.

Lunch will be in the region of $40 per head, but I'm told its very nice. I hope to be doing a recce beforehand.

And I'd encourage you to bring partners, wives etc. Not sure how well they can cater for the littlies but there are parks nearby....

I will post this separately in the events section tonight.

Please book early and don't miss out. Closing date for entry is June 20.

Justin R
    Justin Reed
    aka Reedminor
    1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
    1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
    1961 356B #114700
    Instagram: reedminor

Justin,

My car is curremtly at ZAGs getting a facial and a little door massage with some new makeup on a couple of panels,

I'm assuming it wont be ready by then.

However if there is a spare seat I might consider it

Shane

Comment

sounds like a nice outing for the new E - count me in for 2 spots.

Comment

Justin, is this run still on ?
        Am keen if so !
        Cheers, Paul

Comment

Justin,

Just got CAMS approval for the NSW group today. I am unsure how to apply for a permit for you guys guess its done through the NSW office, I will talk to Carl who does it for us down here.

I think there are application forms in the package I am sending to Mr Brooks on Wednesday.
          Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President
          Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Ryan,

Look forward to seeing the new acquisition...

What do you think our chance are on getting the Taylor's to blow the cobwebs out of the Red 2.2S? It'll need a run...so how about it NT?
            Justin Reed
            aka Reedminor
            1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
            1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
            1961 356B #114700
            Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Justin, The red 2.2s of the Taylors is currently at ZAGs with all the front bumper, lights etc etc off, from what I understood it was getting a little touch up around the indicators. One thing though it looked like a very special car with an absolutely immaculate interior and beautiful pair of sport seats.

The ZAG guys had a 89 non sunroof coupe convert to a 73RS in progress, ala Autofarm, looked very smart at this stage. There is also a 86 I think he mentioned he was completing aswell.

the 89 just had a Mexico Blue paint completed which looked very nice. I think he mentioned it wasn't any customers car as yet, a project of sorts to show there skills on conversions like this and then maybe a sale. John at Zags mentioned he gets around 3 to 4 calls a months to discuss a backdate of some description. (mainly through Grant Geelan)

Watch this space, looked like he was a couple of months away from go..

(anyway I would like him to concentrate on my car first - selfish I guess)

Any seat potentially available on the run?, I don't think the Camry will be the car to take

Shane

Comment

Sorry I should let the Taylors answer that question....

Shane

Comment

ok, ok - I'm in.
                  Justin, you'd be happy to know I already had this run in my diary!
                  Shane, glad to hear you like the car - I've got the original front bumper going on and a couple of other things that needed touching up.
                  I've heard all about the backdated cars from Grant and can't wait to see one.

Comment

Shane

I agree 150% about Nicks 2.2S. I saw it at Grants the day he jumped in and bought it, and if I had had the $'s and a spare garage I would have been fighting him for it. There is no doubt that when a gem like that pops out of the woodwork (and they do), you have to trust your instincts and jump in. Which is what Nick did, with some good noises being made by the Autohaus lads no doubt. Great value too, especially given hikes of late.

I bet you havent regretted it for a second, hey Nick? I also recall its ANOTHER NZ car isnt it?

Shane, if Louise doesnt do the drive to Southern Highlands you are more than welcome to join me.

tonyc

Comment

I don't regret it one bit... it's a fantastic little car. It would have been quite a fight Tony!
                      From the info I have, it's oz delivered - spent a few years here, then went to nz with the owner - then came back again.
                      I'm looking forward to a good drive in it - I took it for a spin along the new (for me) M7 a couple of weeks ago... not an ideal drive for one of these cars, but it ran perfectly. I'm also surprised at the amount of development going on out there.

Comment

Tony,

Thankyou for the very kind offer of a seat - appreciate it.

I'd love Louise to come, however I wont be disappointed if she doesn't..

Shane

Comment

Guys,

Count me in for the Berrima run..Mr & Mrs Hippo plus one junior Hippo.

I will be the guy at the back being told to slow down !!

Andrew

Comment

really sorry but i can't make this event now. That's the bad news. Better news is that i'll be in LA that day, packing up the Conda car into a container to bring over ....

Comment

Working...
                            X