Another ex-Kiwi car (2.4E)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another ex-Kiwi car (2.4E)

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.dealer_vehicle?vehicle_id=3133602&curr ent_rec=4&total_rec=36&sort_type=7&make_id=48&mode l_id=356&search_distance=25

I think this car was on the trademe (ie. kiwi ebay) site a few months back. RHD UK-delivery from memory. Now in Melbourne. Looks OK too.

Pretty soon there'll be no 901's left in the land of the long white cloud!

I spoke to the owner in NZ when it was on trademe - from memory it is a converted sporto.
    Sounded very nice and he'd had a lot of enquiries from oz...

Comment

If it is the white E for $52k in QLD , well........ that is one MAD!!!! interior, I feel like breaking into a highland fling!!!

Ryan - you thought the colour on the outside may be a little hard to cope with Jeeeez - you would seriously want to be a period P car maniac to smile at and appreciate that baby!

Although must say I'd reckon it would grow on you.... like a rash!!!

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=3071221&cur rent_rec=1&used_rec=36&total_rec=40&sort_type=&tot al_rec=40&sort_type=&make_id=48&model_id=356&state _id=-1&search_distance=25

Shane

Comment

shane - different cars.

the ex kiwi car is red with a black interior - and factory RHD

the QLD one you posted - with the funky plaid seats - is a left hook convert.

for the record - i think the plaid rocks!

Comment

are you blokes talking about the red 73E on carsales.com.au advertised for $69oddK? It looks good in the pix, but that doesny mean very much. For $70K it should be good.

Where is the link to the white car with the wacky interior?

tonyc

Comment

Tony,

The red one is under dealer ads and the white one is under private ads

I am going to check on the red one, I have just sold my second car so I am on the look out for new blood.
            Clyde Boyer
            TYP 901 Register Inc.
            President
            Early S Register Member #294

Comment

thanks for that Clyde

the car in Qld looks nice on the outside, mabe a bit too so? Looks like it was originally a burgundy colour from the engine bay pic, and it is presumably converted as it was originally French delivered?

I like the sellers comment that the 2.4E is arguably THE most desirable early 911. Does that mean mine will soon be worth more than your RS?

He also refers to electronic and multi-point fuel injection. Looks like MFI to me.

Agree with Ryan on the interior decoration, sorry Mr Rudd. Does anyone know if that combo was offered by the factory, red door linings and dash trim and all? The stereo system certainly isnt original though.

tonyc

Comment

I love the interior on the white one... The original colour was cherry red - and from what I've got, it's the factory trim!!

Comment

No point lusting after the red one its gone!!! Dutons had it and its sold according to the enquiry I made today.
                  Clyde Boyer
                  TYP 901 Register Inc.
                  President
                  Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Ok you guys, the interior is quite funky, I thought it may be a little hard on the eyes after a while....

That being said, looks to be Ok value even for a LHD conversion

Shane

Comment

clyde,

that red 2.4E was offered at around AU$50k whilst still in new zealand. even after shipping, a AU$70k (or thereabouts) sale is a handy profit for someone.

another data point for those looking to buy...

Comment

Shane you heathen,

Questioning a tartan interior.... on an early 70's 911...shame on you.

My 3 litre Carrera had blackwatch tartan trim and I loved it.... Very dear to replace though... made houndstooth look cheap. I know that for my76/77 they offered three tartans... Royal Stewart (Red and Blue), Blackwatch (Green and Blue) and Dress McKenzie (Green, Red and Blue).

Not sure if this is an original trim.... will defer to those who have colour and trim guides. Even then it could have been special order ... Porsche were known to do this..... most famously (in Aussie terms) on the Hordern family's 356.

Justin R
                        Justin Reed
                        aka Reedminor
                        1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
                        1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
                        1961 356B #114700
                        Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Working...
                        X