Winton Historics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winton Historics

Suppose I should post this in "Events", but who is up for a Saturday run to Winton for the historics this weekend. Always a great event. Meet at the service station at Cnr of Donnybrook Rd and the Hume Hwy, Kalkallo (just north of the end of the new craigieburn bypass - really cool road).

Meet at say 7am ?

Any takers - cause I am going anyway!

AV
    Andrew Vidler

72T

I am reliably informed that as I caused a cancellation of a dinner engagement by going to the R Gruppe in Sonoma that I will be attending said dinner this Saturday night so that counts me out.
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Hi Andrew

I'm heading over to Winton from Bendigo on Saturday night. Staying at Wangaratta motel with a group from typ901 .

I presume that a group is still heading up for the weekend though things have been quiet on the board about it.

Who is still going??

Judging by Clyde's post he wont be.

My room at the motel is spare on Friday night if anyone is interested. Apparently all accom in the area is fully booked, so if anyone needs a room for Fri night...let me know.

Andrew

Comment

Julie and I will be there on Sunday.
        Weather forecast looks good.
        Doesn't appear that TYP901 is represented as a Club.
        Peter Williams #049
        Secretary TYP901
        1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Andrew,

I've got a very important kids concert on the Sunday (as all kids concerts are important) - so have to go on Sat. Have a good day and catch up soon.

I reckon you should make the trip to Melbourne for the unofficial Sat run prior the driver training day. Will be a fun few days.

If anyone else is planning on a Sat trip to Winton let me know here and we can head up together, otherwise I might grab an extra hour in bed and miss you.

Regards
          AV
          Andrew Vidler

72T

Comment

Hi Andrew and Peter and anyone else who may be at Winton on Sunday

I'll be there Sunday only but in Detroit iron, not P car unfortunately. A group of us are travelling together and they all insist on sitting upright. Look forward to catching up with you, as I missed the dinner last weekend when out of town.

I would like to look at your relay covers if possible. I have 911 610 101 01 It came with box of goodies with car and doesn't fit or I'm not doing it right. The 'book' says it should be 911 (or 901?) 610 102 00 for 70 car. Not sure which car the one I have suits.

See you Sunday.

Regards

John H
            John H

70 T

Comment

John and Peter,

Excellent...I'm glad that we will have a small but enthusiastic contingent.

Given that we dont have a club site booked it would be best to arrive together if possible. I suspect your mates in Detroit iron wont want to be anywhere near German steel Peter so it may just be John and I!

I have your mobile number John so perhaps we should contact each other early Sunday am to arrange a meeting point near the track entrance.

Sorry to miss you Andrew V....I know how it is though...the kids agenda comes first in our house too!!

Lisa had some tickets going begging but Im not sure if she still has them.

Ill contact her to check.

Comment

Hugh...are you still going??

Comment

Andrew P.

You seem confused - It's John with the Yank tank.
                  Unless of course you're not confused and you'd prefer to go in with him.
                  Julie and I are staying at Howqua on Sat night and will be arriving at the track between 0830 and 0900 (hopefully) to get a good spot near the bend at the end of the main straight. My mobile is 0429 401 124
                  See you Sunday with picnic chairs, a packed lunch and thermos!!
                  Peter Williams #049
                  Secretary TYP901
                  1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Sorry Peter...yes I am confused!

Trying to do too many things at once.

I will ring you Sunday am close to 8am to arrange a meeting spot

Looking forward to catching up.

Better pack the woolies for Howqua!

Comment

We will be there around 1000, Peter and Andrew, so I'll call/look/follow the crowds to your cars then. We'll be the ones with plenty of hot water (for a little while).
                      Cheers
                      John
                      John H

70 T

Comment

John,

The cover you have is for 72/73

Andrew,

Lisa and Mike not going

Clyde not going

TYP 901 gathering at the motel not happening

Not sure on Hugh

Phil going Sat only I believe.
                        Clyde Boyer
                        TYP 901 Register Inc.
                        President
                        Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Lisa had some tickets going begging but Im not sure if she still has them. Ill contact her to check.
                          Shame you didn't think about this earlier Andrew...I have the tickets, but I can't get them to you when you don't give me enough notice. Never mind - I'm sure the Austin 7 Club could do with a few paying spectators; Winton charge them enough for an event like this!

Cheers,
                          Lisa

Comment

No worries Lisa...unless Peter or John can get them from you.

As you say, the Austin 7 club probably need all the gate takings they can get!!

hope all is going well with the big reorganization at Spyder.

you still got those 85mm nickies and JE pistons?

Comment

72911S"
                              hope all is going well with the big reorganization at Spyder.

you still got those 85mm nickies and JE pistons?
                              Short answer....nup...and yep!

Lisa

Comment

Working...
                              X