Another '73 E FS - Viper Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another '73 E FS - Viper Green

Another one... they're all coming out of the woodwork.

Anyone know it?

Wow, check out the price.

Comment

thats a good deal Irwin! Alex Webster's tangerine 2.4E is listed on his website at $50K more, which mind you I think he is trying VERY hard not to sell.

Does anyone know the provenance of this Viper Green car? Presumes its Oz delivered matching numbers etc.

And dont forget what the bloke in Qld selling the cherry/tartan car had to say about E's - THE most collectible and desirable of the early cars. All you RS owners watch out, Clyde if you are interested in a swap let me know and I'll think about it.

tonyc

Comment

no way are we selling the Orange E!
        The car is irreplaceable!
        It will just sit here with the occassional run to stretch its legs, and remain on of the lowest genuine kms Australian cars!
        Not a bad thing at all!!
        Alex Webster
        A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

The Viper Green car.

Well I tried to buy it today to no avail.

It is an aussie car, fabulous new paint job done when owned by Leo Roccioletti (club member who just bought a 68S). Leo also did lots of other work on the car.

It was sold to Greg Lamana of Lamana banana fame and unfortunately the engine expired soon after.

It has had a full Porsche Cars Aust rebuild pistons, barrels etc plus the MFI was sent back to germany for a total overhaul.

Its an awesome looking car.

Downside.. wrong/rewelded tinware on the engine, no door pockets, no recaro sports seats (not even porsche seats), no 85 litre tank, no sunroof, wrong dash, poor fitting carpet, and lots of other nigly things which in my opinion make it not quite the dollars sought. For that money it should be 100% right.

Make no mistake its a great looking car and should be strong and has an engine warranty I guess. I am sure it will sell for 90 something, as it probably should, god I love that colour.

I hope the vendor has a rethink on my offer
          Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President
          Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Sounds a lot like the silver s up here....

Very good....but not excellent and the condition did not quite translate through to the price... at least to those whose opinions I value.

Then its rumoured to have sold... beauty definitely is in the eye of the beholder I suppose.

Like you Clyde its one of my favourite colours... in the top 3 or 4 anyway. Irish Green being the top one.... at the moment

2 cars have been repainted Irish green in Sydney... wonder if my little L had anything to do with it?

Justin R
            Justin Reed
            aka Reedminor
            1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
            1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
            1961 356B #114700
            Instagram: reedminor

Comment

I think the Viper Green car is far superior to David Cottees S although I do understand the CTS boys cleaned the car up nicely.

Clyde
              Clyde Boyer
              TYP 901 Register Inc.
              President
              Early S Register Member #294

Comment

All those lookers and fence sitters please take note of this cars price.

The longer you wait, the more expensive they get.

Think I'll sit on my 72E Gulf Blue targa for a little longer. its making money sitting in the garage.

Also makes the silver 72 MFI T I have coming over look like a keeper too.
                sigpicPhil Lack
                TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                Early 911-S Registry # 690
                R-Gruppe # 367
                '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Phil

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

At least wait until I have bought a car, before you talk the market up even further!!!! :wink:

Rich
                  Richard Griffiths
                  1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Working...
                  X