RS sold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RS sold

I have for some time now been contemplating the sale of my RS.

I had originally planned to do a "Targa style" restoration but as time went on and parts doubled in price and the car doubled in value that route became much less likely. In any event the 5 year process was probably beyond me again, I think.

Driving the car became a much riskier affair as I couldn't get full value reasonable rate insurance and in the end the lure of making some considerable money on a sale outweighed the joy of owning such a special car.

So the car is sold as is the 1971T I bought from Canada and I have been made a considerable offer on the Targa which I am also considering selling.

Guess that means the poor lonely 69S will get some extra special loving attention in the months to come.
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Gulp!!! Boy Clyde...we will all miss seeing your superbly presented cars
    on club days.

I can only hope that all 3 will stay local.....?

Comment

71T to Spain, RS to USA, Targa hasn't gone anywhere just yet. Contemplating!!!!
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Clyde

Congratulations on the sales, I wish I'd had the chance to see the cars in person.

Happy hunting for your next purchase
        Cam Arnott
        Looking for engine #6208151
        1970 911E (Sold)
        '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
        2 x Split Screen Kombis
        TYP 901 Register # 78
        Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

I saw the RS on the Melbourne dinner night and I'm glad I did - beautiful. Congrats Clyde!

Comment

At least I was lucky enough to have driven it - absolutely fantastic experience - much like the one Clyde had when he drove KYJ.
            Guess I'll just have to drive yours now Alex!!
            Peter Williams #049
            Secretary TYP901
            1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Congratulations Clyde - I'm sure it'll be sad to see them go.

Comment

clyde,

congrats on the sales. i think the 69S is pretty cool - i hope it attends the driver training day.

if you're interested - i know of a PERFECT aussie delivered 74 2.7 MFI Carrera Targa that could be persuaded onto the market - pm me if you want the details. the targa is a true 100 point resto car.

Comment

Working...
                X