How Many 71 T's were Delivered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Many 71 T's were Delivered

I was looking through the old owners manuals last night and noticed the original rego was KYG 911 (Vic) so I guess its a brother / sister to Peter Williams car.

Can someone tell me how many '71 T models were delivered?

Ta
    Cam Arnott
    Looking for engine #6208151
    1970 911E (Sold)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
    2 x Split Screen Kombis
    TYP 901 Register # 78
    Early S Registry # 1076

Cameron
    Very interesting, extremely co-incidental, but unfortunately way off the mark.
    My KYJ was actually a 'tourist delivery' car ordered from Australia through Hamiltons and collected by the first owner at the Stuttgart factory in March 1971
    It spent its first 15 months touring Europe and England and was shipped to Australia in 1972 when it was first registered in Vic.
    It was sold to the second owner in Adelaide in 1979 and remained there until 2001 when I purchased it and brought it back to Victoria.
    Obviously it required new registration.
    As we also have 1971 Benz (one previous owner and all books from new), which was built at about the same time as the Porsche, we decided to match their rego numbers. The Benz has original plates KYJ 319 - so obviously the 911t had to be KYJ 911.

So that's the story.

I have contacted all previous owners and the original owner has just sent me photos of he and his wife when they first bought the car and were touring around Sweden, France and England. And as a further co-incidence his wife was a year ahead of me at Upwey High School in the '60s - Spooky!!
    Peter Williams #049
    Secretary TYP901
    1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

I think Hamilton’s managed to reserve most of the rego plates with 911 suffixes, and they were sold with the cars at the purchasers choice. My car still has the original plates it was first registered with, being KNH911, KNH being the initials of the purchaser.
      Paul Wischer
      1969 911T
      1979 Californian Moke
      TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

Ahhhhh

Close but no cigar....!! ops:
        Cam Arnott
        Looking for engine #6208151
        1970 911E (Sold)
        '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
        2 x Split Screen Kombis
        TYP 901 Register # 78
        Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Slippery car that one Peter!
          Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President
          Early S Register Member #294

Comment

It just loves going through the Burnley Tunnel - only trouble is, it gets half way and wants to slip into reverse gear???
            Peter Williams #049
            Secretary TYP901
            1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Working...
            X