TYP901 Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attwood Competition - 28 May - now with Video Link!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attwood Competition - 28 May - now with Video Link!

Marcus Hancock, Mark Clair and myself were out at Attwood yesterday, the venue for the driver training for the TYP901 in a few weeks time. Andrew Vilder also made a quick appearance to say hello

It was both Mark and my second time there, and once again confirmed how safe and great a venue it is to aloow people to learn what their cars can do. Admittably we were there to race against the clock, however only one person left the track in 6 timed runs for over 50 cars. The person that left the track, was a P Plater driving his dads car, reversed, and got back on with his run!!

I encourage all those potentiall not thinking of going thinking that they will not get anything out of the day, to sign up immediately. The venue is close to the city and will be a great opportunity to test your car in a controlled environment.

I have uploaded the last run of the day by myself (Mark Clair will as well), which gives you a good idea of what goes on. Some of you may even like to join in future such events with PCV.

Link is as follows:

Please note the file is 8mb - click to save it to your hard drive and play from there. I have reduced the quality slightly so that the file is not too big!

Enjoy the footage!
    Alex Webster
    A few Porsches in the shed

Results are posted - 6th outright provisional!!

Yep, I am stoked!

Oldest car by a mile Show those late model freaks how it is done - now we need more early 911's like Marcus to show them what the old cars can do...
    Alex Webster

Comment

2nd gear Alex?
      Peter Williams #049
      Secretary TYP901
      1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

..........great footage Alex - great idea to film it in slow motion.
        Peter Williams #049
        Secretary TYP901
        1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

yeah I held second the whole way through all the events. Some of the later cars went back to first for the chicanes, but I could not justify it, or the expense if I did a gearbox! The sychro's in our car in 1st are a little slow, and that would have made me REALLY SLOW!!!
          Besides it pulls really well out of the slower corners.

Will be quite funny to see the reaction amongst PCV when the results are published in the magazine!!! Would be the first time in a long time a 356 has run in the top 10 at an event!

Sure was fun to beat the new cars!
          Alex Webster

Comment

I LOVE IT !!!

Good'on'ya Alex....

It's one of my favorite things... 8)
            Attached Files
            Chuck Miller
            The Australian TYP 901 Register #062
            Early 911S Registry #109 - Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator
            R Gruppe #88

Comment

Thanks Chuck - is that photos of you coming up to lap the 996!!!!???
              Alex Webster

Comment

Yeah Alex,

It's still tough for me to post quickly on this board ... 1st pic comes last and all ... ops:
                Chuck Miller
                The Australian TYP 901 Register #062
                Early 911S Registry #109 - Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator
                R Gruppe #88

Comment

that is because we are downunder!!!!
                  I know what you mean though, quite frustrating!
                  Alex Webster

Comment

Working...
                  X