'71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
      2 x Split Screen Kombis
      TYP 901 Register # 78
      Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

here's your base...

Comment

great description eh!
          And it is a 356, so does not really count as a 911!!!
          Having said that though, a 3.6 Varioram in a 356, if it will fit, would be good!!!!
          Alex Webster
          A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Originally posted by alexwebster
            great description eh!
            And it is a 356, so does not really count as a 911!!!
            Having said that though, a 3.6 Varioram in a 356, if it will fit, would be good!!!!
            Has that ever been done?

Comment

Alex,

the ebay 912/911 you listed the link to is a Classic Throttle Shop car. I spoke with rory about it today and got somem more pics. Its still way off the reserve on ebay. Will be interesting to see if it makes it.

Its supposedly fairly rust free but has a 2.2 engine with weird heat exchangers and a retrimmed interior thats not that great (in looks anyway). But all that said, it could be a great little first 911 for somebody as it has some nice stuff on it (15" Fuchs, orig steering wheel, ducktail, narrow body, reasonably unmolested. ) Its RHD too to keep most people satisfied.

Probably worth a look to any Sydneysiders as the auction ends May 31st.
              sigpicPhil Lack
              TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
              Early 911-S Registry # 690
              R-Gruppe # 367
              '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
              '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
              2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
              1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

did i miss something here, but is there not a matching numbers pale yellow S targa for $30k at the throttle shop ?

Comment

there is a pale yellow 911 at CTS, but it had a NFS sticker on it when I was there last week. I was in kind of a hurry so I didnt check it out. Where is it advertised?....wasnt on the website when I checked just now.

Ditto the burgundy 912. Paint is very tired though, but that is about as "cost effective" as it gets there.

tonyc

Comment

Perfect motor for a sleeper!

Hey Clyde, here is the beginning of the southern incarnation of the Schmidt red rocket!

tonyc

Comment

Way ahead of you Tony. Coming to Sydney Friday you around???

Clyde
                      Clyde Boyer
                      TYP 901 Register Inc.
                      President
                      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Erwin,

we have a 356 with a 911 motor in it.

There are a few around. Nick and Bryan Taylor made a sister car to ours, and it had 2.7 litres, but i think much more than that, and the car would be a handful.

Watch the video in the Attwood link I put up, and you can see that our car is very predictable, but that was after a LOT of development work. Now it is just great fun, and blows most people away how quick it is!!

For the record, I ran 6th outright by the looks of things! - but since I am a 356 modified they don't allow me to gain points!!! Damn it!!

http://www.pcv.com.au - and go to the Attwood results at the bottom of the page!
                        Alex Webster
                        A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

For the record: a few years ago there were lots of people putting 3.2 and 3.6 motors etc into early cars. Then the rules were changed to exclude them from most types of competition. Then heaps of them had more original engines re-fitted. It was bonus time for the mechanics...

Comment

Our 2.7 356 was an absolute handful... I'm sure I've gone off on every corner at Wakefield Park in that car. It was fun chasing down 3.2 Carrera's etc at sprint days - especially before they found out about the 2.7 bit!!

Alex, is CRC a 2.0 or 2.2?

There was a perfect '73 RSR replica in Sydney with a 3.6 - it was the thing to have until those rules changed.

Comment

certainly am Clyde.

call me if you have time to catch up.

tonyc

Comment

Working...
                              X