Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome project mate.
    Give me motivation...

I'm interested in understanding what needs to be done to fit a 911 engine. A friend suggested engine mounts, oil tank mount, hole for oil filler and obvious lines / electrics.

Anyone have any links to read up on the conversion?

Comment

Reubs Chris Jury on pelican or DDK has a great thread

Comment

Thanks Michel.

Comment

The all too common inner and outer sill replacement plus A pillar base and jack tube, plus re enforcement and also outer sill support (kidney bowl)

Comment

Also the lower section of the door lock post needed replacement as well as some sheet metal on the replaced rear fender lower section.

No dogs were harmed during this process.

Comment

The next photos are not for the squeamish. At or around the rear pillar is where some of these cars can rust (lets call it the rear window corners) there are at some places here, three thicknesses of metal, which makes repairs tricky, especially in my case as someone had already had a bit of a go and it was hard for me to work out how it had been, originally.
              Rear parcel shelf is pretty easy but I only liketo replace the bad metal rather than replace everything just for the sake of it.

Last edited by 9er; 31-10-14, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Well I'm impressed Chris!

Comment

While I was working on this back section I went ahead and sand blasted the tail light buckets and also did my best to get right in under the rear fenders right up on top of the tail light buckets and the area above the wheel arches.
                      It is almost impossible to get in there without cutting of the rear fenders.
                      Anyway once it was done I took the opportunity to paint the areas and also the engine bay with Epoxy primer.
                      I then used the curing window to paint the fire wall 2K satin black and used UPol Gravitex on all the textured areas under the guards and in the engine bay before finally covering that with 2K Satin black.
                      Engine lid and bonnet also in Epoxy.

Comment

Great work Chris. Thanks for the update. Your photos really show the situation clearly. Whose panels are you using? Is that epoxy primer on the inner sill and is it sprayed directly onto the black coating? Do you put anything else on the surfaces of the inner sill and the inner side of the outer sill before closiing the outer sill?

Comment

Hi Jock, I have been using a weld thru galv coating on the inner surfaces, I have changed Epoxy brands also, initially it was black, now its grey/ green.
                          I have been using a mix of Dansk and Restoration Designs.
                          I think like John Fishcop, I did not trust the coatings that come on supplied panels so I always chemically strip or sand blast them before recoating.
                          I also experimented with a Cavity Wax but I am rethinking that.

Comment

Nice work mate you've been a busy boy lately

Nice photos too
                            Cam Arnott
                            Looking for engine #6208151
                            1970 911E (Sold)
                            '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
                            2 x Split Screen Kombis
                            TYP 901 Register # 78
                            Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Terrific stuff Chris.
                              John Forcier
                              1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                              1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                              Restoration Saga
                              1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Coming along great Chris 😉👍
                                sigpicThe older I get, the better I was.

1965 Porsche 912 3 Gauge Painted Dash - #451232
                                2005 Porsche 911S - El Manuel
                                2014 Porsche Cayenne GTS - 4.8 big ones

Comment

Working...
                                X