Rare cars will only appreciate in value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rare cars will only appreciate in value

My father found this interesting article, published in The Age on May 15th, 1976 (pg 105) (don't ask why he has, or was even reading, newspapers from 1976!!). Even then they realised these vehicles were special!

Sorry about the quality, had to compress a bad photocopy to get under 96kb...

Cheers

Rich
    Attached Files
    Richard Griffiths
    1970 911T 2.8

Great article - I would pay $8,000 for a speedster now!!! Times it by 20 and you still would have a cheap one today! Some of the best ones are going to be 30 times that now!

Interesting to read and see how the cars were percieved back then as they are today.
    Alex Webster
    A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Great article.

Comment

we knew someone who sold their Speedster restoration project to pay for a new driveway around the same time. he had a young family, a 356 driver and something had to give....

or the classic tale of the late great Innes Ireland... who turned down 2 d types.. one of which had won LeMans for 5000 quid.... To be followed up a few years later by another rejection... of 2 250GTO's for similar money!

Alan Hamilton actually loaned the 908 to the PCNSW for a Sydney motorshow display around 1977/78. My Dad was helping to put the stand together and had offered to steer the 908 into position at some ungodly hour... He told the story with some glee of falling asleep in the 908!
        Justin Reed
        aka Reedminor
        1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
        1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
        1961 356B #114700
        Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Working...
        X