Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

911 E 2.4 timewarp @ CTS

Okay,

new one on the lot boys, Clyde, this may be you?!?!

Nice to have the coupe twin (albeit colour) to the Targa?

Who is going to find out the price?

go to the classicthrottleshop website
    Alex Webster
    A few Porsches in the shed

Okay car is sold already!!

Sold for $115k

Could not wait to find out. Tony C, did not realise this was yours! I am sure you are sad to see it go
    Alex Webster
    A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

I don't think he is too sad Alex he will have to drive his 2.4S all the time now. damm!!!!!!
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

I'd have thought you'd have bought it Clyde...

So the Targa's on the market now? I assume there'll be no visit to the PCNSW concours then?
        Justin Reed
        aka Reedminor
        1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
        1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
        1961 356B #114700
        Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Yes the Targa is on the market but the new owner is selling it not me.

I actually owned that acr for 48 hours until David Cottee did the dirty on me and sold it to Tony instead.
          Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President

Comment

I should probably clarify things here lest you fair Typ901 folk suppose that I knowingly gazumped our esteemed secretary with regard to said 911E.

The car was acquired in Sydney on sight one day in 2002. I was advised only that there was "an offer" on the table, from a potential buyer in Melbourne. I made a counter offer. It was accepted. I didn't know Clyde or Typ901 at the time, nor have knowledge of any arrangement he had come to with previous owner.

Alex with regard to selling this car, I can't quite believe that I am doing so. I havent seen your Tangerine car, but they would be pretty similar I guess.

Parting with it wouldnt have even crossed my mind until earlier this year, but the fact is that it's quite incredible original state has caused me to be too cautious with its use. Little things like keeping old hard but perfect XWX's for correctness at the expense of driveability also steered me to jump in the S instead. The E simply was not getting enough drive-time.

It would be a fantastic concourse car for the toothbrushes at midnight set, but having dipped my toe in that particular pool last year, its not for me. Far too impatient, want to drive the thing as well as perv at it.

I'm sure I will regret it sooner or later, but on the +ve sid of the ledger it has freed up some funds for a future hotrod project. As Clyde has remarked to me (and I suppose this has something to do with his astonishing decision to part with his Targa), its sometimes more about the journey than the arrival.

cheers

tonyc

Comment

Justin,

I am sure you might be able to entice the new owner, if he comes from NSW, to show the car.

I might drive my new one up yet!
              Clyde Boyer
              TYP 901 Register Inc.
              President

Comment

Working...
              X