Wife's new daily driver!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My trailer and car only weigh 1500 kg.
    I reckon it would be easier and a lot cheaper to build up a solid 2 l VW motor and late model gearbox IRS rear end the get a tow bar properly engineered and certified than do the Porsche engine. I just need to go fast on the track, not getting there.
    The hard thing is finding the twin cab splitty to start with. The only ones I've looked at are over restored mega dollar jobs or rusty mega projects like Cams.

Common sense is telling me just to buy an Amarok.......but not many of us on this forum seem to have much of that

Comment

Paul I'd get on DSK and keep your eye out. There is a guy called Klaus on there that goes by the name of Franken Cab that has just finished tidying up a dual cab ute. Ratty but cool! He's always fixing up splittys to sell.

The other photo is just for inspiration
      Attached Files
      Cam Arnott
      Looking for engine #6208151
      1970 911E (Sold)
      '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
      2 x Split Screen Kombis
      TYP 901 Register # 78
      Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

all too cool...

Originally posted by Paul Ford View Post
        Common sense... but not many of us on this forum seem to have much of that
        so true.
        Richard Griffiths
        1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Arnott View Post
          Paul I'd get on DSK and keep your eye out. There is a guy called Klaus on there that goes by the name of Franken Cab that has just finished tidying up a dual cab ute. Ratty but cool! He's always fixing up splittys to sell.

The other photo is just for inspiration
          I'm inspired. I've applied to get signed up.
          Will try and dig out some photos of splittlies I owned 25 years ago when they were cheap and only cool to a small percentage of the population.

Comment

Hey Cam noticed the green split porsche van has the double doors on the left, does that mean a righthand drive?

Comment

Originally posted by tweedle View Post
              Hey Cam noticed the green split porsche van has the double doors on the left, does that mean a righthand drive?
              Generally speaking, yes. There are Kombi versions that have double doors on both sides though, but these are generally panel vans.

Cheers
              Craig Sedgman
              914/6 GT Clone Project
              996 C2.1

Comment

What he said! ^

They generally had cargo doors on the side away from traffic if you the car is parked on the side of the road so different for RHD and LHD versions.
                Cam Arnott
                Looking for engine #6208151
                1970 911E (Sold)
                '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
                2 x Split Screen Kombis
                TYP 901 Register # 78
                Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

This one here http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ouble-cab.html

Has to be one of finest pieces of bus/Porsche engineering I've seen... And if the race car breaks down, you back up with the tow car
                  Last edited by Fishcop; 10-02-14, 03:04 PM.
                  John Forcier
                  1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                  1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                  Restoration Saga
                  1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Gulp! That is amazing.

Comment

Working...
                    X