Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My smile of the day

Received a message today on Facebook from Italy (thanks Google translator):

"Hello Patrick, yes, I was the owner of that car from 1983 to 1991 and I am very pleased to see it is in the same condition as when I sold it. If you do not mind I'd like to have a few photos, thanks. Congratulations and enjoy this very nice car. Regards Mauro."

9 years ago - when I bought the car in the Netherlands, the only thing the dealer could tell me was that the car was sourced from Italy. I did find a few old and yellowed papers in the glove-compartment, one what seemed to be a tax-registration form with a name on it. Probably a previous owner I figured.

Then 3 years ago I discovered the man had a facebook profile so I sent him a message but never heard back. The good man probably created a profile and never looked at it again...

Two years ago I figured i should give it another try as maybe the man didn't speak any english - so I asked a colleague to translate something for me. Again: without result.

So finally last year i checked his facebook friends and figured two guys with the same last name could be his sons. Maybe they would use facebook more often and could get my message to the previous owner.

And again it took a while (Italians obviously got better things to do than spending time on Facebook) but I finally received the above posted response.

I know there's more important stuff in the world, but things like this do make my day.
    1973 911T Coupe
    1976 911S Coupe - 2.8RSR to be

"Just don't lift mid-turn."

It's nice when that happen, Patrick!
    Mark Munro
    '69 911T (sold)
    '76 911 Carrera 3.0 coupe
    '69 MG Midget Group S car
    TYP901 Register #196

Comment

patrick, had a similar occurence recently with the family of the original owner JL Williamson getting in contact and sending a couple of pics

Comment

Working...
      X