Preparation for Sunday – Bonnet tie down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preparation for Sunday – Bonnet tie down

How do you guys do bonnet tie down on the 901 without being invasive?

Also I can’t see Lisa’s original attachment with the requirements for the day.
    From memory I recall:
    Cams license
    Fire resistant clothing
    Helmet
    Fire extinguisher
    Bonnet tie down

Anything else?

Darren

Darren,
    couple of ways you can do it.
    Spyder to have a great little device that clips on to the bonnet cable mould, and allows you to install it easily while not being invasive.
    May be Lisa can bring some to the event with the relevant tools and sell them on the day so that those that don't have one can rest knowing that they can do it on the day.
    Maybe other members can show what they have done with some pics... ?
    Alex Webster
    A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Thanks Alex.
      I found Lisa's attachment too; I obviously had my man eyes in this morning when I was looking the first time.

Lisa If can you bring the catches I’ll have one.

I’ll bring the camera too, so if anybody wants a specific shot let me know and I’ll try and take it.
      I’ve been getting shots printed in poster size (24”x36” ) overseas on real photo paper for US$12 + freight
      They are razor sharp and look fantastic framed up, so If you want something for the office wall let me know.

Comment

Oh. Another question. Are spectators welcome on the day?

Comment

Spoke to Lisa on Friday. She mentioned they're bringing a few down so you'll be able to grab one then.
          Paul Wischer
          1969 911T
          1979 Californian Moke
          TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

All you need to fit them is a 10mm socket and wrench or a 10mm spanner from a Porsche tool kiti f I remember correctly if I don't its the 8mm.

I have one on the RS not invasive at all and does the job nicely
            Clyde Boyer
            TYP 901 Register Inc.
            President
            Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Put your hands up please for bonnet catches....

Hi Guys,

No problem for us to bring extras with us....they are very easy to fit; less than a couple of minutes and do the job nicely. Also, easy to release when wanting access to under the bonnet which is important. We're taking 3 for pre-orders anyway.

Please let me know by Thursday so we can have enough to go around...$25.00 as stated in our March news listing. Send me an email to porsches@spyderautomobiles.com.au please.

BTW....HELMETS! PCV HAVE SPARES; SO DON'T STRESS IF YOU DON'T HAVE ONE. Mike will take an extra aand I will throw mine in too - we'll make sure your heads are covered!

See you Sunday....

Cheers,
              Lisa

Comment

The fire extinguisher and secondary bonnet catch I fitted to KYJ yesterday.

The brown 'gunck' under the bonnet is not rust, as Clyde might suggest, but fish oil sprayed over all interior panels by the previous owner prior to the car going into storage - very difficult to remove.
                Attached Files
                Peter Williams #049
                Secretary TYP901
                1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Working...
                X