Workshop Manuals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workshop Manuals

Rather than deflect Sal's thread on the handbrake switch, I will start a new thread.

May I ask which workshop manuals you are using and finding most useful?

I inherited the usual "101 Projects for your Porsche 911", the Engine Re-building book (also Wayne Dempsey) and a copy of the Bentley.

How decent is the Haynes for 65-73 cars? In my experience Haynes can be also pretty basic.

Is the Factory Repair manual worth the investment? Is it also available on DVD or download? I see that Automotion (http://www.automotion.com/books-manu...s.html?reset=1) have some but not the 911 in period.

Merv,

I find the workshop manuals invaluable. Vols 1&2 are applicable up till 72.

Putting my car back together I've found the parts manuals also a must have, with exploded parts diagrams, part numbers and hardware size and ratings.

I've found that when I've put in part numbers into the usual online supply houses, they usually have the part, although not shown in their online catalogues. Not to mention how easy it is to walk in to your local Porsche centre with the correct part number.

Comment

Merv

I've just been given (thx 9er) a set of CD's; contains factory manuals. Happy to burn you a copy.

It would be great to have a searchable copy - does the bonafide Porsche pet/ manual have this function?
      Last edited by Michel; 21-04-14, 10:01 PM.

Comment

The copy of PET I've seen was the parts manuals

Comment

That would be great Michel. I will PM my address and more than happy to cover the postage!

Comment

Merv ill send Tuesday dont worry about the postage

Comment

Good to read on here that you got the CD Michel.

Comment

I bought a full set of Workshop manuals from Classic Porsche at the Essen show quite a few years back. As such I suppose they are "factory originals" and they did cost a few $$$ at the time. I have used them sparingly but the exploded parts diagrams etc are worth it as posted above.

Not sure if the ??? copies floating about are scanned copies of these originals but having the hard copies in the correct porsche red binders does help rather than trying to refer to a laptop screen.

I guess these days you just have it on an old iPad that you dont mind getting greasy finger marks on....
                sigpicPhil Lack
                TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                Early 911-S Registry # 690
                R-Gruppe # 367
                '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

I've got PDF copies of all 911 workshop manuals except the vols 1&2. If there is interest maybe we could create a download link as part of the forum website? Otherwise I will create a download link externally. I'm not sure that there is copyright issues?

jason

Comment

Hi Jason,
                    If no copyright issues, I love a soft copy.

Thank you.
                    sal

Comment

Absolutely Jason. I am looking forward to the ones from Michel.

Comment

Originally posted by Michel View Post
                        Merv ill send Tuesday dont worry about the postage
                        Hi Michel,
                        I've tried to reply to your PM a few times over the past week, but alway rejected saying you've exceeded your private message box limit. I didn't get upload and CD would be great. I'll put it with the other manuals and make all available for whoever wants them.
                        Cheers, Jason

Comment

Originally posted by stf911 View Post
                          Hi Jason,
                          If no copyright issues, I love a soft copy.

Thank you.
                          sal
                          I think the Club would want to consider if there are copyright issues if we post links on this site, and that we dont want to become involved in any potential litigation from those very active lawyers at Porsche AG.

We need to be conscious this Forum does have a reasonable international following.
                          sigpicPhil Lack
                          TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                          Early 911-S Registry # 690
                          R-Gruppe # 367
                          '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                          '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                          2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                          1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Originally posted by e72phil View Post
                            I think the Club would want to consider if there are copyright issues if we post links on this site, and that we dont want to become involved in any potential litigation from those very active lawyers at Porsche AG.

We need to be conscious this Forum does have a reasonable international following.
                            Good point. I'm happy to take council on the best approach.

Comment

Working...
                            X