Idea for new Forum Resources List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idea for new Forum Resources List

As I read thru many of these threads, I see many responses to questions about where to get this done and where to buy that.

I suggest we create a Sticky Thread thats all about creating a list of suppliers, service providers, online parts guys etc that everyone can record the details of someone they have had great service from or have found rare bits for their car, etc, etc.

You can always post your reply in the relevant thread BUT also add the info to the sticky thread which will always live at the top of the General & tech Forum so its easy to find again (rather than try to trawl thru hundreds of threads looking for that place someone mentioned a year ago).

What does everyone think ? It can be a searchable in teh one thread rather than spread throughout the forum.

Who wants to start it ?
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Phil

That was kind of the idea behind the 'What did you get in the mail today' thread. I agree there needs to be somewhere to gather this info.
    Cam Arnott
    Looking for engine #6208151
    1970 911E (Sold)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
    2 x Split Screen Kombis
    TYP 901 Register # 78
    Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

+1 definitely would be great. Especially for us newbies.

Comment

Good idea

Something like this?

Comment

Yes good idea, especially Australian based.
          Cheers

Paul M

Comment

Hi Phil,

Nice idea.
            Local suppliers forum would be great!

I tend to buy most of my stuff from PP, but there must be some local guys who are worth using as well. Would also be handy to find reviews of mechanics and other porsche related service shops. I've had a couple of negative experiences recently, so have decided to do most of the work myself instead.

Chris

Comment

Hey Phil,

always a good thing, this.

Maybe make it two or three separate stickys for local mechanics, local suppliers of stuff and international suppliers?

Comment

Working...
              X