Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Car - Inpsection Needed

Hi All,

Does anyone know this car, and/or can recommend a good person in Adelaide to do a PPI?

Thanks for your patience, as I have asked this question in almost all states of Australia so far. I now have a good data base of mechanics for these PPIs if anyone needs one.

Thanks All,
    Craig

Probably Buiks or Mark Poole

Comment

Mark Poole - MP Motorsport 8276 3885
      Cam Arnott
      Looking for engine #6208151
      1970 911E (Sold)
      '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
      2 x Split Screen Kombis
      TYP 901 Register # 78
      Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Thanks Guys.

Comment

Buy the seller

David the dealer selling the car is well respected and has much Porsche experience. He worked for the Adelaide dealer Chateau Moteur.

Cheers SK

Comment

Hi Craig
            Did you ppi the blue car? I viewed it & was scared away by lack of history. I would be interested to hear if the car checked out ok. If it did & your not interested in pursuing, then I may be.
            Cheers

Comment

My 74 Aus delivered car has a five digit speedo. The speedo on the blue car interestingly has a six digit one, which I think started with the SCs...

Comment

Later speedo, maybe needed to match up with an electronic pickup gearbox.
                Aus del 68 911S

Comment

I was also concerned at the lack of history, and the seller didn't seem too keen on me arranging a ppi. This didn't increase my comfort levels.. To be fair he suggested i drive it first, but getting to Adelaide is proving difficult to squeeze in. How can a car have absolutely no history? None even from the immediately previous owner? Keep looking.

Comment

My car didn't have much history at all... Basically just one invoice for the engine rebuild... Remember these cars were almost worthless at one point.

Like my car, price should reflect all things including provinence/history.
                    Richard Griffiths
                    1970 911T 2.8

Comment

I spoke at length with David & he did appraise the car honestly ie slight rust on front guard, paint patchy (several different spray jobs on different panels etc). Said it drives well & so on. Purchased from Mark Buik. If I was local I would have gone to look & drive, in the end thought the car was not good enough to justify flights or PPI.
                      Still looking.
                      Moto

Comment

Working...
                      X