Albins gears and LSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Albins gears and LSD

Anyone heard of them and can tell me how to get in touch?
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

clyde

craig
    Craig
    12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
    1972 2.4E Targa project
    1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

Okay Clyde what are you up to? Close ratio gearbox for Saturday driving is going to be hard to justify to wife #4!!
      I would be interested to see what you do though, as I have been thinking about making a ratio box up for my car for events other than Targa etc where you cannot run them.
      Alex Webster
      A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

alex

what class are you hoping to run at targa tas? SS?

if so, i think you could probably sneak "airport" gears as stock.

also, will the car be logbooked as group S or N?

Comment

Hi Ryan,
          was thinking of making up a gearbox that will be slightly shorter ratio along the lines of the airport gears. The 2.0 litre is so 'cammy' that if you drop below 4500 you have nothing really to punch out of corners. Different to a track where you can safely trail brake etc to keep mid corner speed up.
          It will be logged as an S car, but I was hoping to get it cross logged, but the problem is that it will be running right at the back of the pack being 2.0. Still may do it, just depends on what I end up doing with it.
          SS is certainly the call for Targa and Classic, as the Plate times are so much easier to make and the handicap is really generous!!!
          See how we go and what transpires, at the moment getting the car is the hardest part, let alone working out the ratios I want!!!!
          Car is entered to do Classic, so hopefully that will be its first real hit out and long test after some track testing.
          Alex Webster
          A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Working...
          X