Please let me introduce myself….

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please let me introduce myself….

Hey all, my name is Matthew and it's time I got with the program and introduced myself.

After previously owning a 993 C2S we (my partner Leanne and I) purchased our first 901 late last year, a beautiful Aussie delivered, matching numbers, silver 1971 911E manual coupe. It is the car previously owned by Damian Royce who I believe was one of the foundation members of the register, Porsche Melbourne purchased it from Damian and used it as a promotional car mainly for the 60th anniversary events including providing it to Sebastian Vettel as a daily driver during the Australian F1GP in 2011. After Porsche sold it on I believe it was mainly kept in storage until passing into our hands via Classic Throttle Shop.

It is a reasonably original car, the interior appears to only have had the front seat faces redone from pepita to black vinyl and a late '70s tape deck update. Other modifications from stock are a strut brace, the S front spoiler, a front oil cooler and modified oil return system plus what is described in the history file as "bringing the engine up to 911R specification"; not sure exactly what that involved but service records note finding an R style camshaft fitted. During Porsche's ownership they refurbished the paintwork, and while far from perfect it looks stunning when given a bit of a polish.

Now back in Melbourne where she belongs, hopefully we can get involved in the activities of the club in the future. The register has been an invaluable source of information and inspiration to date, the knowledge and passion of everyone here is amazing!

Cheers,
    Matthew

'71 911E Coupe

Beautiful car Matthew. Welcome!

Comment

Welcome Matthew

Comment

Hi Matthew,

warm welcome to you.

Awesome history and very sweet looking machine.

But 993 C2S? Can we please have pictures of that, as well-Pleeeease?

Don't tell me it was arena red and you sold it? It is one of my dream cars...

And please remember to register for the Federation Square Display Sunday July 20th form 11am - 2.30pm :

http://www.typ901.org/showthread.php?t=4907

Last edited by KDF; 20-05-14, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Welcome Matthew
          Cam Arnott
          Looking for engine #6208151
          1970 911E (Sold)
          '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
          2 x Split Screen Kombis
          TYP 901 Register # 78
          Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Welcome Matthew, good to see that car back in the fold.

Cheers

Paul M

Comment

Welcome Matthew, I drooled over that car when it was at CTS!

Comment

LIke the 'urban jungle' background too. Good car indeed.

Comment

Welcome.
                  Cheers, Luke

Comment

Welcome. Now that's a sweet ride.

Comment

Welcome, Mathew. As Paul said, it's great to see it back in the Typ 901 register. Having previously owned the car since the late 90's I can tell you what I know about her that isn't in the file - if you are interested.

Mike from Spyder also has a good history / knowledge on the car - so you'll be able to find out more about the engine internals - R cams, etc.

In regard to the paint refresh (which was also raised by Phil when it first went on display at PCM - as he hadn't seen it after I had it resprayed. I didn't attend any club days after 2006, so the car wasn't seen by many, if any club members until Porsche got hold of it), the car went on its 'tour' pretty well as soon as I sold it to PCA, so I'm not sure if they would have had time to paint it. It wasn't concourse when I sold it, but it was in very good show-able condition. Perhaps they gave it another refresh before they sold it to CTS, as when I saw it at Porsche Centre Brighton (just before it went to CTS), the paint still looked the same as when I owned it (I knew where all the little chips and nicks were : ). I'm sure a receipt of a recent paint refresh will prove me wrong!

I also notice in your photo that it's now on club/historic plates. Do you still have it's original issue VIC plates?
                      Damian Royce
                      TYP 901 Foundation Member #12

Instagram: @classiccaraddict

Comment

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

KDF, my old 993 C2S was white with black interior, I still reckon it's easily the best looking modern 911.

Damian, the original plates came with the car so we still have them, I would have loved to keep them on for originality and looks but the cost advantage of club rego won out in the end. I retained the last rego sticker on the windscreen as a memo to the old plates. As for the paint I didn't think it had a recent respray but more a refurbish, if not it is in amazing condition. There are no receipts in the file for any paint or body work. I would love to know any further information you have about the car and it's history.
                        Cheers,
                        Matthew

'71 911E Coupe

Comment

welcome

Welcome.

It's a bugger you Victorian's can't use a plate of choice with Historic registration. Here in SA we can use whatever- makes sense as these days the Police cars all have plate recognition cameras so whatever plate you use it will identify the conditions of registration on the move if need be.

I heard a SCCSA member was pulled over recently in this manner and asked to see his correctly filled in log-book......

Enjoy that gorgeous car.

Comment

Originally posted by 1st View Post
                            Welcome.

It's a bugger you Victorian's can't use a plate of choice with Historic registration. Here in SA we can use whatever- makes sense as these days the Police cars all have plate recognition cameras so whatever plate you use it will identify the conditions of registration on the move if need be.

I heard a SCCSA member was pulled over recently in this manner and asked to see his correctly filled in log-book......

Enjoy that gorgeous car.
                            What a great idea - probably why they don't do it here in vic...
                            Damian Royce

Comment

Originally posted by LJP View Post
                              Thanks all for the warm welcome.

KDF, my old 993 C2S was white with black interior, I still reckon it's easily the best looking modern 911.

Damian, the original plates came with the car so we still have them, I would have loved to keep them on for originality and looks but the cost advantage of club rego won out in the end. I retained the last rego sticker on the windscreen as a memo to the old plates. As for the paint I didn't think it had a recent respray but more a refurbish, if not it is in amazing condition. There are no receipts in the file for any paint or body work. I would love to know any further information you have about the car and it's history.
                              Matthew, I'll send you a PM with my mobile number.
                              Damian Royce

Comment

Working...
                              X