Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will this fit

Guys,

Can someone please take a punt as to whether this pedal board will fit.

I checked with the seller but he is unsure.

Thanks in advance.

Fit my 1970E that is.

Comment

Sal I have made these before in ply as per the orig and can if you prefer. Otherwise no reason why the metal one shouldn't fit

Comment

Sal, I rebuilt mine from the original ply with glue a press and some inserts. Tiresome but original. Are yours beyond repair?

Comment

Thank you Michel,
          I saw a thread where you published pics of your beautiful handiwork.
          Are you planning another run? If so, I'd be happy to pay, else I could just buy these or ones from a UK based supplier.

Merv, mine certainly look beyond repair - being held together by a few splintered fibres...

Comment

Pics?? Michel?

Comment

Sal if you can wait a couple of weeks till I finish assembling my steering rack, brakes suspension.

Happy to make you a set.

Cheers

Comment

Who has the mould to remake these pedal boards that was constructed by a member of this forum and was lent to various members?

If it can be found you would be able to make your own boards Sal.

Comment

jock as per the threads on this, I have the mould. I had it cleaned up and powdercoated.

I also then had made a series of templates to allow quick routing and finishing of the profile - this after making a number of sets by hand.

It weighs about 60kg - so am happy if anyone wants to organise a courier and ship it

Otherwise am happy to make a set for anyone either just the raw part ready for cutting to profile and finishing, or can make the whole lot.

Comment

pics

Originally posted by Merv View Post
                    Pics?? Michel?
                    merv these are the boards sent to John. he did the final sand and staining as per his build thread.

The odd cutout in the LH board was by John - to clear a pipe, I think?
                    Attached Files

Comment

There should be a cutout in the LH board for the drain pipe on RHD cars.
                      Clyde Boyer
                      TYP 901 Register Inc.
                      President
                      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post
                        There should be a cutout in the LH board for the drain pipe on RHD cars.
                        Yep. You can cut it by eye, but I *think* Michel may have a pdf. file of a 1:1 scan to use as a stencil.

I went with a pair of boards from Michel who uses Andrew Vidler's behemoth construction... http://typ901.org/showthread.php?t=2...ht=pedal+board

You can see mine on the last page. Michel does a good job of forming them up...
                        John Forcier
                        1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                        1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                        Restoration Saga
                        1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Thank you everyone, especially Michel for the offer!
                          I love this forum!

Comment

I do have PDF 1;1 templates for the boards, also for sporto as they differ.

for anyones interest I made up a set with saddle leather on the front and rear faces - look cool. But lost the images in a computer crash

I was after some LHD boards to make a template from.

Comment

Very nice indeed Michel. Are those for a LDH?

Comment

Working...
                              X