Start Relay??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start Relay??

Continuing on my exploration of a 69 Porsche's electrical wiring without a definitive wiring diagram.

I've concluded that the fuel pump runs from the Y connector un-fused from the switched ignition (red wire ) from the main harness. Which is also connected to the Bosche CDI.

What has got me stumped though is the "Start Relay" I have a stray red wire form 87 on the relay (so switched) which is red.

For the life of me I can't work out where it should be terminated......looking back through my old photos from when I removed everything it appears that it was just laying there not connected to anything?

I've fixed all of the PO's adventures into automotive electrical wiring ( including the use of tin foil, and granny knots to join wires).

HELP!

Some photos
    Attached Files

Comment

Will have a look at 69S this week but it has been "played with" in that area too.
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Thanks Clyde, but suspect that the S will have the cold start switch for the MFI which means the start relay is different with different coloured wiring.

Comment

Good point
          Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President
          Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Working...
          X