TYP901 Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

URGENT MESSAGE RE DRIVER TRAINING DAY THIS SUNDAY!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

URGENT MESSAGE RE DRIVER TRAINING DAY THIS SUNDAY!!!

I didn't want to have to do this...but... Jeff Thomas has just called me expressing real concern about the lack of numbers of Sunday's event. As of Friday there were 8 confirmed entries:

Darren Sharp
    Alex Webster
    Michael Japp
    Peter Williams
    Marcus Hancock
    Marcus Cottrill
    Andrew Vidler
    Andrew Purcell

I know there are probably a couple more in today....BUT:

The ambulance has been cancelled due to lack of numbers....next will be a requirement to pay an extra fee for lunches. Track hire and permit fee equal $1000, so we need 10 entries to cover just this. I know the entries close Thursday 9.00am - this was PCV's deadline based on the information I had which was originally for 13 definites and some extra possibles for entries. Just get them in please - NOW. Otherwise this event may be CANCELLED. Then that will leave us with who picks up the bill???

For those of you who have dragged your feet and haven't done anything about your CAMS licence - a day licence only can be issued on Sunday for between $40 - $50. Not economical sure, but this is the legitimate way around the time delay for licence applications. Also, it is a legitimate way for anyone who just wants to do this one event to be able to participate.

There were more people who put up their hand for this event...I know that Paul Xifaris will now be away (?) and Justin Davey will now be OS for work reasons....and the rest of you???

I can't do any more - it's up to you the membership to decide whether you want this event to go ahead by putting in your entry forms immediately; otherwise PCV will have no option but to pull the plug as it will be too late to open the event to any of their membership on Thursday.

I have attached the entry forms etc again to this message. Clyde I would be appreciative if you would copy my message and email to the membership at large please.

Lisa
    Attached Files

Add one more - my application was sent through on the Friday (midday) so I'm a little unsure why I didn't rate a mention.
    Paul Wischer
    1969 911T
    1979 Californian Moke
    TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

Mine was in today after sorting out CAMS license

Comment

mine makes 11.

only need a couple more - clyde? phil?

ps. lisa - my girlfriend is coming to melbourne with me. her normal mode of transport is a 600cc bike but she has lots of experience in driving my porsches (including the 930). if numbers are tight i'm sure she'd be happy to join us (i'd get her a day license on sunday) so long as someone will lend her a car for the various exercises. let me know and i'll send off another entry.

Comment

ENTRY LIST UPDATE

Update just received from PCV...further entries confirmed; thankyou!

Paul Wischer
          Clyde Boyer
          Howard Burton
          Ryan Curnick
          Brett Ditchfield

OK guys....can we organise a share drive here for Ryan and/or his lady (hey a name here would be nice Ryan...)???

And a few more entries would really make a big difference...c'mon Melbourne guys especially....Michael Japp is coming from the Riverina, Ryan is flying down from Sydney, Howard is coming from Wagga....let's show our interstate members some hospitality by turning up and entering to make it a really great day...we're nearly there - I need to stop agonizing over this (and I'll bet Jeff Thomas does too :wink: ).

Lisa

Comment

thanks lisa

i'm happy with instructing - i've only entered as a 'just in case' measure.

and i'm more than happy to drag the lovely Kao (rhymes with Sao) along if needed.

Comment

I've got a friend with an '82 911 - can I extend an invite to a non TYP901 member?

Marcus C
              '71 911 T 2.7
              TYP 901 Register #16
              Early 911S Register #2460
              Looking for engine # 6112862

Comment

Ryan,

Happy to give you (and the lovely Kao if you do succeed in dragging her out to Attwood) a ride to the airport after the event on Sunday....Mike and I will be taking Bertha-the-wonder-van, so there is more than enough room for you guys (ask the 15+ we had in her at one of the events!).

Marcus,

Is your friend a member of the PCV or any CAMS affiliated car club? He'll need a CAMS licence as you know and in order to get one of those, he needs to be a member of a CAMS affiliated car club....they've got it well sewn up. If so, I can't see any reason why he can't come along...he's a Porsche owner after all!

Lisa

Comment

Ryan,

you are welcome to drive my 72E on Sunday if you enjoy driving her on the saturday run.

I will be there as a volunteer on Sunday with the car.

Let me know your friends address in St Kilda so I can meet you early Sat morning.
                  sigpicPhil Lack
                  TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                  Early 911-S Registry # 690
                  R-Gruppe # 367
                  '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                  '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                  2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                  1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Lisa with Cindy who has her licence and was sending her form today I think thats 14 isn't it? Don't think we will have any more at this stage.
                    Clyde Boyer
                    TYP 901 Register Inc.
                    President
                    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Thanks Clyde,

Maybe a couple more... a friend of Andrew V's who is a PCV member and owns a 964. Also Stewart K is hoping to get a Sunday leave pass and maybe bring his 968CS. So we might crack the break even number and Jeff Thomas may invite one or 2 interested new PCV members to join in, which I think will make for a good day all round. Great mix of cars and people - should be fun! But COLD...so rug up guys and gals - Attwood ain't the warmest of places I hear!

Phil, I've added you to the "volunteer list" too; thanks.

Cheers,

Lisa

Comment

Lisa,

Dael (pronounced Dale) has signed up for the day and sent his forms in last night. He'll be in a 964 and will be sharing my helmet. Also I told him that he could get a CAMs day permit issued by PVC on the day. He is a current member of PCV.

Thanks
                        Andrew
                        Andrew Vidler

72T

Comment

Working...
                        X