D-Zug Headlight Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D-Zug Headlight Conversion

I've finally installed the HID headlights I purchased from D-Zug about 6 months ago.
    Much better visibility at night but I'm not sure about the look?
    Attached Files

They look OK to me Paul. Function is sometimes more important. I was at the OPC today looking at 997s and they have great lights. Makes my H4s looks weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ford View Post
      I've finally installed the HID headlights I purchased from D-Zug about 6 months ago.
      Much better visibility at night but I'm not sure about the look?
      Looks kind of Singer-ish...
      Damian Royce
      TYP 901 Foundation Member #12

Instagram: @classiccaraddict

Comment

Not for me...
        John Forcier
        1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
        1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
        Restoration Saga
        1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Hi John,
          If you like the more original look, don't have the technical ability to change much (i.e. Me) but need brighter & better!
          What's the suggested fix?
          I was pondering this thought whilst driving to Winton in the dark: literally Cheers, Luke

Comment

Originally posted by TYP 901 View Post
            Hi John,
            If you like the more original look, don't have the technical ability to change much (i.e. Me) but need brighter & better!
            What's the suggested fix?
            I was pondering this thought whilst driving to Winton in the dark: literally Cheers, Luke
            Hi Luke, I went down the path of updating to higher watt globes. Required some rewiring and installation of relays - but excellent results. And my technical ability is limited - just ask around

See this thread http://www.typ901.org/showthread.php?t=3411&page=5
            Cheers,
            Dirk

Comment

I have always loved the warm glow the 'bout 2 candlelight main beams and the added halfa candlelight boost the illegal use of the 128's in unison provides.....

Comment

It's not a shot. I just like what Porsche did with what they had 'in the day'. There's something about the purity of purpose circa 1970 that just appeals to my sense of asthetics

I agree with Stew... something not quite right for me seeing electric blue/white lazers coming from an old car.

So I guess that's why I run the hood lights, upgraded halogen bulbs, ceramic bulb holders, and of course relays. The yellow light still cuts the dark and can singe a 'roo from 600m
                John Forcier
                1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                Restoration Saga
                1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Mine are pretty similar John. Did the H4 conversion, uprated bulbs, relays and the Carello spots, also with relays. On an Outlaw-type car however, the ones Paul has could be pretty neat.

Comment

Luke if it turns out you want to do H4 conversion, I have everything you need

Comment

I'm going to put the original headlight lenses back in and see how much effectiveness they loose.

Adjustment is also pretty difficult with these because the ballast, ignitors and additional wiring takes up a lot of room behind the lamp housing.

Comment

Working...
                      X