New Member Introduction - 901 wanted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Gus & Luke.
    Looks like Chris' good reputation spreads far and wide.
    Mark Branson
    1969 Australian Delivered 911 ST Replica.
    TYP901 Register # 349

Comment

Welcome Mark. My advice is summed up in one word - originality. Whether RHD or LHD that is what I value most. There are a few mods that improve safety or drivability that can be 'hidden', but as original as possible without being anal, seems a safe bet. The older cars can be a hoot to drive and look superb.

Comment

Mark,

you have definitely found the right place to be regarding your search for an early 911.

When a few of us started this Register and Forum almost 10 years ago, it was all based around the love of these cars. its very pleasing to see how this group has grown and now shares that passion and knowledge with new members wishing to enjoy ownership of a 901.

I hope all the collective wisdom and knowledge here helps you on your search. Please feel free to ask any questions, no matter how dumb they might sound. We all had to start somewhere.

Welcome to the disease.
        sigpicPhil Lack
        TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
        Early 911-S Registry # 690
        R-Gruppe # 367
        '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
        '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
        2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
        1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Thanks Merv, your comments about originality ring true, I think that is why I was attracted this forum. I was first interested in the carsales advert for a '74 with the RS look but think there is just too many things that it is not and to return it too original would surely cost a fortune.

Thanks for your welcome Phil, you really have created / seen an idea for a forum grow into a brilliant collection of like minded folk. I appreciate your sentiments about asking questions, I know I have a lot to learn, and there are a lot of intelligent people here that are prepared to share their view even if there are subtle differences.
          Mark Branson
          1969 Australian Delivered 911 ST Replica.
          TYP901 Register # 349

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Fish View Post
            Thanks Gus & Luke.
            Looks like Chris' good reputation spreads far and wide.
            Just don't lend him a hat...
            Mark Munro
            '69 911T (sold)
            '76 911 Carrera 3.0 coupe
            '69 MG Midget Group S car
            TYP901 Register #196

Comment

Working...
            X