Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hypothetical $ difference

For all of you experienced buyers out there:

Hypothetically if there were 2 cars in equal condition what would the $ (or %) premium be for an E vs a T?

Would this be different for different years?

Appreciate your thoughts.
    Mark.
    Mark Branson
    1969 Australian Delivered 911 ST Replica.
    TYP901 Register # 349

Hmm good question

E certainly worth more in most markets as they had MFI while T had carbies and was a more powerful motor

USA is a bit different for 72/73 as most of their 72/73 T cars were MFI.

Most E's also had a lot of the S spec trim on them especially in the UK and Australia.

In summary I can speak with reasonable knowledge on 72/73 model at least a 30% premium for an E so if a great T is now $100k then great E is at least $130k and maybe more.
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

I would tend to agree and Hugh might chime in on their relative values when sold new.

911E's were not sold in as many numbers as T's and S's were sold in lesser numbers so rarity also comes into play.

You should read the threads on the early 911S registry on recent sales of T's, E's and S's where numbers and sometimes pics are posted.

of course, trying to compare conditions of 40+ yr old cars now is very hard and its not often you will find 2 different models to compare which are 'identical'. even concours cars are not identical, that why one wins over the other at shows like Pebble Beach (coming up next week).
      Last edited by e72phil; 09-08-14, 08:30 AM.
      sigpicPhil Lack
      TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
      Early 911-S Registry # 690
      R-Gruppe # 367
      '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
      '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
      2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
      1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

When I was car hunting (ok, ok, I'm always car hunting) the price difference seemed to be 20% - 30%, though there is such variance in the condition/features of cars that it is never that simple.

Comment

The 20-30% range is about what I was thinking seems to be the E premium. Plus an even greater % on top of that for those of you smart enough to have bought an S many moons ago!

Phils comment about rarity rings true, supply and demand I guess, with the added bonus? of MFI and additional goodies further adding to the E's premium.

Looks like I will now need to do a search of MFI vs carbies. That ought to be an interesting discussion.
          Mark Branson
          1969 Australian Delivered 911 ST Replica.
          TYP901 Register # 349

Comment

Working...
          X