No announcement yet.

To colour or not to colour, that is the question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be careful wrapping a car that has had a repaint as sometimes the products/prep are not up to the job.I have removed decals from some cars in the past and have had the paint lift off as you are removing the vinyl.
    Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Maybe I could wrap my 74 IB and fit a couple of 18" subs...doof doof...
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Bremith; 11-08-14, 09:41 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Here you go Jeff - only about a million other choices...
        Attached Files

Comment

From what I understand the risks around removal directly reflect the quality of the paint job, the skills of the wrapper and the skills of the remover. So biggest risk is a not terribly well painted car, a home wrap and a home removal, especially where it is just 'pulled off' cold - the adhesives are heat activated and heat released.

If you have a good paint job on a good car you'd be advised to have it wrapped and unwrapped professionally to mitigate risk of damage.

Comment

Mitchell, the guy who did such a fantastic job on the new 3M stone guard on my 997, had his newish Merc clear wrapped. It looked great. I believe he will wrap any car in any pattern and he has worked on Porsches for years and was on the Qld Porsche Club committee. Having watched him work I would not attempt that myself, however. I did the frontal and rear guard wrap on my Cobra, and that was fine, but was enough to make me seek professional help this time. Wrap removal is not that hard if you know how.

Comment

Working...
            X