run to Southern Highlands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

run to Southern Highlands

Whilst storm clouds have been dumping south of the border, it was a crisp clear day up here and the northern brethren convened to partake of the primary purpose of Typ901 - a great drive on a great day with a great bunch of people. We had a truly fantastic turn out for this run, organised by Justin and Dennis.

We had thirteen cars - an unlucky number to be sure, so inevitably there had to be a casualty - unfortunately, ... moi. Big problem with electric fuel pump - I dont know exactly what yet but at a catch-up stop I noticed fuel spewing from under the car. It looks maybe like the main supply line had split (cloth covering soaked with fuel) or maybe the pump itself. So a $400, 100km tow back home whilst the neat remaining dozen blatted off into the glorious winter country side and I imagine a very pleasant lunch in Berrima.

Aside from that, The Crossroads pub carpark was a truly spectacular spray of P-car colour (see pix). It was wonderful to see some new faces, partners, and some great cars. I would have got everyones details and reported more thoroughly had I managed to make lunch. But to mention a couple of new members and vehicles, Chris and Leonie Morkane and their super ex David Cottee 73S (welcome guys, hope you enjoyed the day), Nick Taylor's ravishing Bahia Red 2.2S (why do I like that car so much?), Ryan's new 73E and a beautiful recently restored Irish Green T whose owner I met briefly but didnt get a chance to catch up with. Emile Jansen also somehow apparated into the drive line after we had departed, in a very mean race car which I was dying to find out more about.

I'm sure there will be more pix of the rest of the day from the rest of the bunch. I have to say, it was really fantastic to have such a great turn-out, way past critical mass and an encouraging sign for the future of Typ901 in NSW.

cheers

tonyc
    Attached Files

Not the Gemini Blue gremlin!!!! Sorry to hear that Tony, lets hope its only the fuel line and not the pump itself otherwise that $400 will turn into $2000 very quickly.

Awesome to see such a turnout of cars, can't wait for more photos from those who managed to keep going.
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

here are some more...
      Attached Files

Comment

Tony,

I was sad to see your beautiful S wounded. You missed a great afternoon.

My new E sailed through its maiden voyage with flying colours. I was really suprised with how well it went. I thought it might feel a little slow (given I'm used to the 930 and the RS+ spec race car) but it was plenty quick and loads of fun.

I swapped it for Nic's 2.2S from Berrima to Narellan. Sweet little car that one. Then Kao had a blast driving my E back to Sydney.

Top day folks. Big thanks to Justin and Dennis for setting it up.

Comment

Guys,

Thanks for a nice day..Angela,Luke and I enjoyed the run.

All is right in the world when your driving horizon is blocked with rear views of 901's.

look forward to the next one.

Andrew

Comment

and another trio...
            Attached Files

Comment

Still looks good even on a tow truck!
              Clyde Boyer
              TYP 901 Register Inc.
              President
              Early S Register Member #294

Comment

I dont know why some of those pics didnt appear (at least not on my screen?), but here are the missing ones
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Tony,

if its your MFI electric fuel pump thats gone, I can probably help you out with a brand new one at a lot less than what Clyde had suggested. I have 2 tucked away for a rainy day for my MFI cars.

Let me know when you find out.

From the picds. looks like the Sydney TYP901 group is well and truly established. What a great turnout !

I was lucky to catch Ryan's new E down at Bondi beach on saturday arfternoon. great license plate ! Unfortunately I couldnt join the run on Sunday as we had to get down to Canberra by lunchtime.

Hopefully I will be in Sydney for the next run. I'll be up there early August for the Boat Show so hope to catch up with a few members then.
                  sigpicPhil Lack
                  TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                  Early 911-S Registry # 690
                  R-Gruppe # 367
                  '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                  '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                  2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                  1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

thanks Phil, much appreciated. It was really a terrific event today, notwithstanding my personal p-car foibles.

I hope things are going OK for you and certainly it would be good to organise a Typ901 function up here if you are going to be around in August.

tonyc

Comment

Tony,

Thanks for doing the report and pics.
                      Unfortunately due to my navigator(Murphy) I wasn't able to travel with the main group.
                      This is a major turnaround from the 3 cars on the last drive.
                      Lets keep the momentum going !
                      Justin did the organising on this run,so it is my turn for the next despite my car being in pieces at Zag for 2 months. :cry:

Cheers,
                      Dennis.

Comment

Will post some pics this evening of the assembly before everyone left to go home...

I am really sorry nobody could have stayed at helped Tony... but it was one of those problems we couldn't fix in a hurry. My mum (who met us for lunch) suggested the same thing about bad luck when I mentioned we started with 13 cars.

The Irish Green T is owned by Matt Day. ZAG completed the car a few months ago.

Glad everyone enjoyed it.
                        Justin Reed
                        aka Reedminor
                        1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
                        1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
                        1961 356B #114700
                        Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Problem was split delivery hose between filter and fuel pump.

Car fixed, wallet drained, rest of great day missed
                          :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

tonyc

Comment

Good to hear it wasnt the pump. Was the hose just old and perished ?

Maybe check all the other high pressure fuel hoses so you dont have a sudden engine fire due to split hoses in engine compartment.
                            sigpicPhil Lack
                            TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                            Early 911-S Registry # 690
                            R-Gruppe # 367
                            '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                            '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                            2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                            1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Pics as promised... showing the usual desperates and some new ones.

Ryan's Kiwi car

The line up

And everyone assembled to leave.

Sad you couldn't make it Tony... but better a ride home on the tilt tray than a 2.4S BBQ
                              Attached Files
                              Justin Reed
                              aka Reedminor
                              1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
                              1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
                              1961 356B #114700
                              Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Working...
                              X