New Newsletter - Great job guys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Newsletter - Great job guys!

Just got the new newsletter last night. Great read, lots of stuff in it. Well done to all contributors and all those that made it possible. A very high quality newsletter

Erwin, maybe we could place the newsletter up as a PDF on the website if you haven't already!!

For those that are interested, Marcus, Stewart (dad) and I will be at Sandown this weekend if you are interested in coming along to have a look. It is an Alfa Club track day. I know as an Italian car club, I was almost about to not turn up after the Italians beat us in the World Cup

.... oh well, I guess their cars values and their soccer players are alike, they both fall dramatically!!! Sorry I had to have a crack!!!!
    Alex Webster
    A few Porsches in the shed

Alex,

what time and day will you be at sandown ? Might see you there Sunday morning if that works .
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

We will be there from about 730ish, runs start about 9, and will continue for most of the day till about 3. There will be a host of different cars, mainly Alfa's though, but there is a good selection of other cars.

Marcus has his new wheels and tyres to check out, so should be interesting to see how he does given the previous best time of 1.35.5 at the PCV day a few months back. Lets hope the track is dry and he can get an indication of what the tyres are doing for him!
      Alex Webster

Comment

Track day is Sunday, right ??
        sigpicPhil Lack
        TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
        Early 911-S Registry # 690
        R-Gruppe # 367
        '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
        '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
        2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
        1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Originally posted by e72phil
          Track day is Sunday, right ??
          yep
          Alex Webster

Comment

Originally posted by alexwebster
            Just got the new newsletter last night. Great read, lots of stuff in it. Well done to all contributors and all those that made it possible. A very high quality newsletter

Erwin, maybe we could place the newsletter up as a PDF on the website if you haven't already!!

For those that are interested, Marcus, Stewart (dad) and I will be at Sandown this weekend if you are interested in coming along to have a look. It is an Alfa Club track day. I know as an Italian car club, I was almost about to not turn up after the Italians beat us in the World Cup

.... oh well, I guess their cars values and their soccer players are alike, they both fall dramatically!!! Sorry I had to have a crack!!!!
            I'm more than happy to put the Newsletter online - Clyde, just email me a PDF version.

Comment

We will do that but not until all people will have received their hard copies yet.

Its split into 2 sections the cover (4 pages) and the magazine (24 pages) Not sure how you can get that to look like the completed magazine.

Clyde
              Clyde Boyer
              TYP 901 Register Inc.
              President
              Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator
                We will do that but not until all people will have received their hard copies yet.

Its split into 2 sections the cover (4 pages) and the magazine (24 pages) Not sure how you can get that to look like the completed magazine.

Clyde
                Mmm... the mag may be too large to be online... I'll take a look anyway... I can upload them as separate attachments on a thread I suppose, or upload them into a directory...

Comment

Don't worry about it guys, I'll have the native art files set up for consecutive page viewing and saved at 72DPI and easy downloading.

Erwin do you just want it as a PDF?
                  Paul Wischer
                  1969 911T
                  1979 Californian Moke
                  TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

Originally posted by Paul W
                    Don't worry about it guys, I'll have the native art files set up for consecutive page viewing and saved at 72DPI and easy downloading.

Erwin do you just want it as a PDF?
                    Whichever format you think is easiest for web access. The smallest possible files.

Comment

Lets go with a PDF, everyone's got Acrobat viewer and we can make the files as small as any other format. I'm at home today sitting with my sick daughter so if I can't upload it to my home computer now I'll have it looked at tommorow. Erwin, do you want me to just email it over?

Cheers
                      Paul Wischer
                      1969 911T
                      1979 Californian Moke
                      TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

Originally posted by Paul W
                        Lets go with a PDF, everyone's got Acrobat viewer and we can make the files as small as any other format. I'm at home today sitting with my sick daughter so if I can't upload it to my home computer now I'll have it looked at tommorow. Erwin, do you want me to just email it over?

Cheers
                        Sure - I'll PM you my email.

Comment

And I'd like to thank Clyde for the whole package I received - newsletter, shirt and badge. The shirts are absolutely top notch quality and very very nicely understated design with logo (who wants some of the bilious alternatives?) and the badge has received accolades elsewhere. A nice little feast of goodies. Not sure where Clyde getes the time to do all this, reckon we need to give him some assistance - even for the minor things like packaging and posting.

Every club should have a Clyde, but not many do. Thanks Clyde!

(This is not a paid commercial)

John H
                          70T
                          54TF

PS More thanks also to Alex for designing a great run on 17 June. A sudden family emergency prevented me being there on Saturday, but I took the opportunity of driving most of the route on Tuesday in an elderly front engined car. Great mixture of roads, sublime scenery, suggest you all take a detour when next heading to Phillip Island and have a quite exciting ride, or a leisurely one. It is definitely worth the time, and you can short cut if time presses. Great one, Alex .
                          John H

70 T

Comment

That wouldn't have been in an (immaculate) grey 1954 MG TF 1250 would it John?

I also have just received the 'magazine' and as others have done would like to congratulate Clyde (and all contributors) on a marvellous production. An also special mention to Paul W for the most professional printing.
                            I'll read it in bed tonight - unless I get a better offer.

Sorry that's out of the question - Julie's home!!
                            Last edited by MrUpwey; 28-06-06, 08:39 PM.
                            Peter Williams #049
                            Secretary TYP901
                            1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

John all the reward I want is for you to get to a run soon!!!! and as for you Mr Upwey, dreaming, bloody dreaming!!!!!!!!
                              Clyde Boyer
                              TYP 901 Register Inc.
                              President
                              Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Working...
                              X