Dash board spruce up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dash board spruce up

My current dash board is looking a bit sad and worn - can anyone recommend either a good supplier or good repairer in Aus?

It doesn't need to be concourse, just good quality.

ProStitch were the recommended ones but I found that while they were helpful, they were not good communicators and didn't follow through on what was offered/suggested in my case. I went overseas to buy my dash after several attempts to go with ProStitch. However, I know others have found them reasonable.

Comment

The Dashdoctor in Melbourne; not sure whether they are located elsewhere though?
      Craig Sedgman
      914/6 GT Clone Project
      996 C2.1

Comment

Scotty - I have used these guys at Acacia Ridge in Brisbane before for my Alfa 105 dash. They did a great job.

Comment

I have had two done by Dash Doctor, I cannot recommend them!

Comment

There's no doubt Prostitch occasionally loses the ball on communication... But if you can persevere and are not in a hurry, they do to a terrific job. Prostitch have the proper vacuum forming gear to re-skin a dash with a very close to original grain, or they can do a custom job (normally leather and you will see stitching like the factory does it in later cars).

Your car is probably special/valuable enough to consider buying one of the new reproductions. Yes $3k is ridiculous, but it is a 74 carrera...
            John Forcier
            1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
            1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
            Restoration Saga
            1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

I am sure ProStitch are a good mob also. Scott, give Dashboard Restorations in Acacia Ridge, Bris South, a call. They did a vacuum reskin of my fallible Alfa dash. Not sure what they do these days.

Comment

Thanks everyone will give the guys at Acacia Ridge a call.

This dashboard is for my new 77 coupe, so no need to spend a motsa on it. If it was the other car, well, different story.

Comment

77's are the new blk Scotty Don't stint...

Comment

Working...
                  X