X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

68T listed on ebay for $30K

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=290001494748

Darren,

See the thread in cars for sale on the same car.
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Not much slips past you guys!
      We should list the VIN on the cars for sale that are discussed.
      It would make it easier to search for an old sale in the future and stop double postings.

Comment

Thats a good idea Darren. Erwin, can we create a sort of "Cars offered for sale" registry or database that allows anyone knowing of a car for sale to post its details then perhaps if it sold and when and for how much ?

This would allow some tracking of cars that come and go for sale (like Rich griffiths red car) as many get advertised then dont necessarily sell thru , but get offered later (or by a different owner).
        sigpicPhil Lack
        TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
        Early 911-S Registry # 690
        R-Gruppe # 367
        '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
        '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
        2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
        1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Originally posted by e72phil
          Thats a good idea Darren. Erwin, can we create a sort of "Cars offered for sale" registry or database that allows anyone knowing of a car for sale to post its details then perhaps if it sold and when and for how much ?

This would allow some tracking of cars that come and go for sale (like Rich griffiths red car) as many get advertised then dont necessarily sell thru , but get offered later (or by a different owner).
          I can set up a "Classifieds"-type database - for cars you want to sell, cars you want to buy, and cars other people are selling and comments on it. What do you think?

Or I can make a new forum just for this.

Comment

I think we need to keep everything somehow linked under this one Forum. Maybe a Classifieds listing will do this but remember sometimes the info posted will be copied form some other ad (ebay, Drive.com, etc) so the listing will be purely to record the existence of a car for sale so that it can be tracked.

perhaps the layout of the database for "Classifieds" could address this ?

We would also need to be able to delete sold items but retain listings where we wanted to maintain the info for future reference (possibly years later on ?).

I also checked on the old Yahoo site and the files with the VIN database info etc are no longer there.

I am sure someone backed these up prior to use leaving this site.

Dont know if it was Justin or maybe Hugh who kept the records ??

I thought I had a copy but its only an early listing, not the last recorded data.
            sigpicPhil Lack
            TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
            Early 911-S Registry # 690
            R-Gruppe # 367
            '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
            '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
            2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
            1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Originally posted by e72phil
              I also checked on the old Yahoo site and the files with the VIN database info etc are no longer there.

I am sure someone backed these up prior to use leaving this site.

Dont know if it was Justin or maybe Hugh who kept the records ??
              I have some records on one PC at home. However that PC fell over at easter time (wont turn on so the hard drive is probably OK) and I have not had a spare minute since then to try to get it fixed. However as i was only working on the aust delivery cars I have a memory that I only copied those details not all of the cars.
              i agree that a list of all the cars that come thru the market and what happened to them, a photo etc might be good. however there are issues of accuracy and privacy to maintain as well.

It would be best maintained on an excel speadsheet / datatbase type file however I cant see that working with unfettered access. if you are a seler of one of those cars there might be an incentive to "clean up" the data - say to not show it had changed hands 4 times in 2 years or somthing suggesting there might be a problem.If that was possible it would destroy the integrety and the use of the resource
              Hugh Hodges
              1973 E
              Australian TYP 901 Register #005
              Early 911S Register #776

Comment

A car for sale database won't be fool-proof but it's better than nothing.

I'll see what I can come up with tonight.

As for the VIN database - I also have a copy at home (I think) - I hope it's the latest one. I'll check and figure out the best way to keep that one online.

Comment

Working...
                X