2006 Victorian Club Regularity 6 Hour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 Victorian Club Regularity 6 Hour

here is an email recvd today if any members might have an interest to participate:

Please find below a link to the 2006 Victorian Club Regularity 6 Hour
    Relay Supplementary Regulations.
    http://www.cams.com.au/downloads/VIC/1185.pdf

Kind Regards,

Rebecca Drummond
    Events and Permits Administrator
    Vic State Office
    Confederation of Australian Motor Sport Ltd
    851 Dandenong Rd, Malvern East VIC 3145
    Tel: 9593 7732 Fax: 9593 7733
    www.cams.com.au
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

I am keen to get a team together if there are some guys interested.
    I know that myself and Marcus Hancock may be a starter, as too may be Mark Tierney, Ryan Curnick and Nick Taylor... although Classic Adelaide is not too far after this event and may be the only thing that may stop a team getting together. Maybe Bruce Young may be interested? I am happy to organise it if there is the interest. You would need a team of approx 4-6 cars, which would be great, and would be a fantastic way of getting the group together as a team - with pit crew (helpers) and all!!

Anyways, over to those of you that are interested... I am keen - 1 vote!
    Last edited by alexwebster; 29-06-06, 01:07 PM.
    Alex Webster
    A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Just seen that this event is now a regularity - this means it is not a race!!! And you only need a Level 2 licence, meaning if you competed at Attwood this would work. You don't need a rollcage... you do need a four point harness.
      Simply if your car is quite well set up, you can enter. The event is heavily controlled, so there is no need for passing in corners etc... and it will be tightly monitored....
      LETS GET A TEAM GOING
      Alex Webster

Comment

Alex, this looks like it could be a great opportunity as it doesnt require a lot of vehicle mods (as you note).

Lets see if we can get a group of 4-6 cars ready as it could be a great club event assisted by club memebrs as volunteers who can then get some first hand , up front involvement in such an event without competing.

perhaps Classic Adeliade bieng so close may put some drivers off if they fear damage to their cars ??

But 6 hours of circulating Phillip Island is certainly tempting.
        Last edited by e72phil; 29-06-06, 03:29 PM.
        sigpicPhil Lack
        R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

I'm in as pit crew.

AV
          Andrew Vidler

72T

Comment

I think the key to it though is it is not racing, and it clearly states in the supp regs, that there is a minimum of 1 min 55 sec as the min lap time, and anyone going faster than that is going to be in trouble. This means that all modern type cars, like Porsche's, will not enter, as they will be under the 1.55 at pace easily. THis means that there will be a lot of cars that will be running at around 2.00 -2.10, which really is not that quick.
            This could be a good event, however I do see that I have a clash with a tournament I have committed to play in. Maybe I can play early, head down and do the last stint! A good problem to have if we get a team together.
            The cost of $1400 with 6 people driving, that means 1 hour each on the track or approx 30 laps... it is only $232 each - CHEAP!!!
            Last edited by alexwebster; 29-06-06, 02:16 PM.
            Alex Webster

Comment

alex,

do you lose your lap if you go under your nominated time? (this is how the EC 6 hour was run). do they allow signalling or radios? i'm kinda keen but know i will be (last minute) prepping for adelaide also...

Comment

Alex, looks like there could be a sponsorship opportunity for someone here as well to contribute towards the entry fee. What signage is allowed on cars ?

We probably need to have some definite indicaitons from drivers very soon so all can be locked in. I would also think Classic Adelaide takes precedence as its a lot more time and money invested for this event.
                sigpicPhil Lack
                R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Ryan,

No radios allowed, can't see what the penalty is though but I did see that a competitor must have competed at Phillip Island in the last 12 months so that will count most of us out. I was thinking of getting amongst it too. Damm.

I will pit crew however if a team gets going.
                  Clyde Boyer
                  TYP 901 Register Inc.
                  President
                  Early S Register Member #294

Comment

you can do a PCV day down there, or AROCA, they always have events down there. Easy to get down there pay your $100 odd and get to know the track. More people should do it anyways, you are not hurting your cars... the track is better than the road, there are no trucks coming the other way.... ask Richard G!!

If you go under the 1.55, you get a warning, then from there on you lose a lap each time, so it basically does not count.

There are in car timers available, but i think they would be banned....

Clyde the 69S would be perfect for it - just need some suspension mods and it will be awesome!!!!
                    Alex Webster

Comment

Count me in for pit crew and moral support. Phillip Island car club seem to be always running events so there shouldn't be a problem with getting some track time.
                      I should be able to arrange accomodation for some of us also.

Comment

Just talked more to Alex if we can get to drive a track ady between now and then with any club we would be eligible our licences from Atwood do suffice, just need the harness set up perhaps we can talk to Bruce Young, Marcus Hancock, Ryan Curnick et el with regard to setting them up without damaging the car too much.

Change my plans from pit crew to available if it gets off the ground. Cmon Brett do the same!
                        Clyde Boyer
                        TYP 901 Register Inc.
                        President
                        Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Further to Clyde's coment re driving experince on this track, here is an earlier opportunity to drive at the Island:

Please find attached the Supplementary Regulations and Entry Form for the Phillip Island SuperSprint on Sunday July 16th and the Circuit Familiarisation and Superkart races on Saturday July 15th.
                          Sunday's SuperSprint will be a round of the Group 5 Speed Event Series and the CAMS Junior Pentathlon.
                          This weekend will also provide the perfect opportunity to get some practice in before the 6 hour race coming up on Sept 30 & Oct 1, or the CAMS National Racing Championships on Aug 19 & 20.
                          I hope to see you at the marvellous Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit for a great weekend.
                          Regards,

Matt Balcombe
                          PIARC Committee
                          ClubSport Secretary
                          Email: matt.balcombe@piarc.com.au
                          Ph: 0438 826 415
                          www.piarc.com.au
                          Access to Motorsport
                          Attached Files
                          sigpicPhil Lack
                          R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Okay here are the facts
                            1. You only need the CAMS licence that you used for Attwood
                            2. You don't need special equipment other than 4-point harness, helmet and fire exting'r. (you had these for Attwood for those that attended)
                            3. You need to have gone around Phillip Island at speed in the last 12 months - there are at least 4 dates that I know of club events, and the one just mentioned by Phil is another. PCV is on the 22nd of July, Alfa club is on the 23rd of July. Marcus and I are doing Alfa club, and they are open to all CAMS members - lets make a team up to go practice!
                            4. Interstate 901'ers should come down and compete, as it is not a 'race' it will not be as hard on the cars as a full-on historic event. Besides you are resticted 1 min 55+ times!!!
                            5. It will be great to have a 901 team - I feel a special shirt coming on Clyde!!!
                            6. We may be able to get some sponsors to help with the cost, not that it is that much anyways.
                            7. With 6 entrants/drivers, you each get 1 hour on the track. If your car is not up to it, you can drive some one elses, for those that are brave!!!
                            8. Suggest having sticly tyres, radials will die very quickly after 1 hour of running around at speed, R's will be safer and make your car handle better.
                            9. One of our sponsors (ahem) could give all the competing cars a pre regularity check over to make sure everything is tight, and maybe provide track support if we run stickers on our cars?
                            10. 30 cars on the track is a buzz, but safe - you have to do it once in your life!!
                            Alex Webster

Comment

I'm interested if I can wrangle the required extended "passout", & get down to go "around Phillip Island at speed" prior to. Time to start racking up the points.
                              MichaelJapp
                              71E
                              Typ901 #065
                              EarlyS #798

Comment

Working...
                              X