Spam from classic-911 yahoo group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spam from classic-911 yahoo group

I was going to mail this back to the yahoo group but felt I was just perpetuating the problem. Phil maybe we should be proactive and kill of the yahoo group if it serves no further purpose and is going to be used for spam.

The un-solicited email its transmission was in breach of the 2004 spam act.

The Australian Spam Act came into force on April 10th 2004.

The Act brings with it a number of essential requirements for anyone who uses eMarketing techniques to send commercial electronic messages with an Australian link. The 'Australian link' means that the message originates in Australia, was commissioned in Australia or was sent from another country to an Australian address.

In particular the Act focuses on the use of email, SMS text messaging, Instant messaging or Multimedia messaging. The Act does not cover Voice or Fax messages.

The Act also carries with it severe penalties for anyone who breaches it, up to $1.1 million for each day that the breach continues

Yes kill it guys it has served its purpose and is no longer needed, I hope!
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

We can do everything that Yahoo offers here and much more. This site and send out updates via emails if that's what people want, but a forum setup is better.

Comment

Erwin,

To put you in the picture this is the site we had before Justin developed the original Forum site and it has been left alive but with zero activity except for Dan!
        Clyde Boyer
        TYP 901 Register Inc.
        President
        Early S Register Member #294

Comment

I have to admit I was very intemperate reponding to that post, notwithstanding, lets deep six it and Diver Dan at the same time.

tonyc

Comment

Well you guys have succeeded in keeping some of us entertained with the colourful exchange on the old board...which probably should have been killed off ages ago now as the previous php forum was well established anyway...

Just remember fellas - when you hit that reply button to any email from classic-911, your email comes to all of us who are still registered on Yahoo; not that I mind of course as I can keep up with you guys in the colourful language stakes ....my 0.02c FWIW which ain't very much at all these days...

Lisa

Comment

Since Brett is the owner of the Yahoo group, I guess its his task to dump it.

Not sure how this works as I also started another forum on Yahoo so will check out the Admin options and advise Brett.
              sigpicPhil Lack
              TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
              Early 911-S Registry # 690
              R-Gruppe # 367
              '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
              '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
              2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
              1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

I already unsubscribed from that list.

To remove the Yahoo-mailing-list is simple - there is a delete button for the mailing list Admin. Brett will just have to click it.

In the meantime, people who don't want to receive those emails can follow the unsubscribe instructions at the end of each email.

Comment

Okay, as luck would have it, I had downloaded most if not all the documents kept in the old Yahoo database.

I've uploaded all these documents to the Document Database found here:
                  http://www.typ901.org/local_links.php?catid=1

The good news is that all the Australian-delivered early 911 VIN lists are now stored there.

The Typ901 Register Committee members will be updating the Document Database with the latest information about early 911 cars.

Comment

I'll look at killing the Yahoo site tomorrow. It was only kept alive to direct peolple to the new site

Comment

Classic 911 Yahoo site has been closed down so hopefully that will solve the spaming.

Comment

Working...
                      X