TYP901 Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firewall Sockets - can someone confirm for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firewall Sockets - can someone confirm for me?

Gentlemen,
    As I embark on the rewiring 71T, can I ask if someone can confirm the assignment of the 5 rubber female firewall sockets for ignition, headlights, wipers, indicators and hazard? I have a circuit diagram, but not a physical schematics so rather than strip off the insulation to see what colour all the wires are, can someone confirm or correct if I have this correct?

Is there any information on the physical location of the various wiring elements?
    I was not here when the harness was removed, so all I have to help me work out what goes where is the way the harness sits.
    Are there any guides on the electrics other than the circuit diagrams?
    Attached Files

Hi Jeff

Unfortunately my 69 wiring is different to your 71 - so I'm no good to you. But I did have to do a lot of work with mine after removing a circa 80's car alarm. In the end I had to use the continuity setting on my multimeter and go over each circuit and tag before I understood the arrangement.

I also built a circuit breaker set up so I could test each circuit with load but not fry the wiring if I accidentally short circuited anything. I started off using fuses to blow, but it got expensive! Jaycar sell 12v 30a circuit breakers - I disconnected the main positive off the battery and ran a 40a hot wire off it and through the circuit breaker to the +bus on the fuse box. Many hours of fun
    John Forcier
    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
    Restoration Saga
    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Working...
    X