Originality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originality

Saw this ad on the early S forum and thought it was quite amusing...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ADME:B:SS:MT:1

Ad states:
    "You are bidding on a completly restored 1973 911 T .I have been restoring and repairing porsches for the last 20 years,this was a very clean original car with minor rust in the doors and lower fenders, there was no evidence of any inner structure repair, all pannels are original to the car accept for the rt rear quarter pannel and rt rocker .the car was stripped down to metal and refinished in the original gold met.(code 140).Original rs flairs were but welded and metal finished.the under side of the car had zbart (udercoating) that was cleaned off to reveal the original paint in all the wheel wells,motor compartment and under hood all these areas still original paint.here is the list of every thing that is new or rebuilt.front suspension rebuilt calipers new brake lines,master cylinder,cross drilled rotors,aluminum rear trailing arms,turbo tie rods,stearing rack rebuilt,new bushings, 19&21 mm sway bars. 1989 3.2 motor with 65k with new ssi, sport exhaust and perfomance chip,and highly detailed.light weight interior that is either new or very nice. original radio, tool kit. There is alot to list about this car hopefully the photos will speak for themself .basically every nut and bolt is new on this car .What a blast to drive with the same or more power of an original but with the reliability.It is really hard to leave this one in the garage. "

My car was also a very clean and original car (when it left the factory )... and "completely restored"?? with rs panels, a 1989 3.2L motor and "every nut and bolt is new"...

Hmmmmm... makes you wonder!

Cheers

Rich
    Attached Files
    Richard Griffiths
    1970 911T 2.8

I have two issues here...

Why Gold?

Why all red wheels?

All that money and it still looks cheesey. My opinion only of course, each to their own...!!
    Cam Arnott
    Looking for engine #6208151
    1970 911E (Sold)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
    2 x Split Screen Kombis
    TYP 901 Register # 78
    Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Gold RS to show it is worth its weight in gold...

(think about that statement)...

Comment

Working...
      X