Another What's it Worth Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another What's it Worth Thread

Ok for a couple of reasons - current insurance value and I confess, a little restoration fatigue I'm seeking help to work out what my car might be currently worth? Its a bit of a fright pig at present but has a strong 3.2 and 915 combo.

A bit of info and some pics here as to how it looks now:

The Australian TYP 901 register is forum for enthusiasts who pay homage to this remarkable machine.

It has had a hole drilled through one of the number on the VIN stamp on the panel near the fuel tank but its a 1 on the 911 initial sequence so very easy to read what it really is.

I've also been steadily collecting the parts required to put it all back together as an early car and have the following:

BF Torino Sport Seat replicas with Houndstooth
    New Koni rear shocks and front struts.
    Refurbed S Callipers - Once Eric finished them
    Front and rear narrow guards
    Number plate panel
    Bonnet
    Bumpers
    Bumper guards front and rear
    Engine grill
    2.2E sporto engine case 4 numbers from matching
    Trans case with no internals
    Fuchs deeps sixes x 5
    Knee pads
    Door pockets re-trimmed
    Door cards re-trimmed
    Rear shelf - re-trimmed
    New alloy dash trim - re-trimmed
    Good rear seats
    Door handles x 3 - (RHD and US drivers side)
    Rear seat belts, and new inertia front belts
    Tool kit complete minus screwdrivers
    Engine sound pad (Eric Lindens)
    Behr A/c under dash unit, pulley and compressor mounts
    Durant mirror
    New battery straps
    A couple of refurbed gauges and probably some other stuff I can think of right now.

The car has a couple of rust spots but is far from tragic. Mark Poole had the car in for some work prior to it coming up here (Major service, rear wheel bearings, spring plate bushings and a general once over) and thought it very dry for an ex UK car.

Its been at the auto electrician for de-hacking to make sure all is as it should be. Its still there…..!

So anyone prepared to have a stab in the dark!?

Cheers
    Last edited by CamBiscuit; 04-07-15, 08:42 PM. Reason: uence
    Cam Arnott
    Looking for engine #6208151
    1970 911E (Sold)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
    2 x Split Screen Kombis
    TYP 901 Register # 78
    Early S Registry # 1076

Hi Cam,
    Is this for insurance reasons, seeing whether what you have spent to-date equates with everyone's perception of what it is worth/market value or are you looking to sell?
    Cheers
    Craig Sedgman
    914/6 GT Clone Project
    996 C2.1

Comment

Cam, I'll take a stab...

$60k as it is now. Although everything is there, there's a fair amount of hours to pull it all together as you well know.

All finished, $95-100k? Non-match engine and a hole in the VIN drops it just a little...
      John Forcier
      1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
      1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
      Restoration Saga
      1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Thanks John

Craig, I definitely want to up my insurance cover. I'm honestly not sure about selling but after 3 years of non stop working on a car I'm not sure if I have another one in me for a while.

The 911 would be a lot less of a project but still a project none the less…..
        Cam Arnott
        Looking for engine #6208151
        1970 911E (Sold)
        '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
        2 x Split Screen Kombis
        TYP 901 Register # 78
        Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Yep, I was definitely "restoration fatigued" after the blue car.

But I just stashed the green one put it out of my mind whilst I completed the de-bugging of the blue one. After a period of rest and just driving, I'm really enjoying working on the green 68. Partly because I know what I'm doing and partly because I have the blue one to drive.

Too much of a good thing is still too much. Take a proper break and just forget about cars for a bit.
          John Forcier
          1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
          1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
          Restoration Saga
          1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

I agree Cam. Just take a break for a while. I know with not having my car around for a while now, I have built up stash of original and new parts, a worksheet that is down to minor details and the keenness to get into it again.

I have even looked at other cars to play with ...

Your car will be worth it all, in the medium term.

Comment

Hi Cam

I agree witht the comments above.

I was also reading Tim's 1970S resto thread on EarlyS yesterday. It reads that the journey started at the end of 2012 and still has a way to go. My take on this is that there is no rush and where life catches up with you down tools, walk away, and come back when you are ready.

Cheers
              Adam

Comment

Working...
              X