Also for the record...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also for the record...

This is my first post on this forum so please be understanding as I find my way around. I suspect this will need to move to the Off Topic forum..

It's been a steep learning curve over the last two weeks for some of us Brisbane 901 owners- and for Luke.

I've already privately thanked Luke but would also like to publicly thank him for his understanding, his honesty and his unwavering moral compass- in what has been an arduous couple of weeks.

I would also like to thank John Forcier for his expert opinion and guidance. What a great introduction to the members of the register.

Thank you all for allowing allowing public access your extensive knowledge and wisdom. My joining this register has been long overdue....

Thank the Porsche LWB gods for production numbers.

Sorry if this sounded like an acceptance speech at the Academy Awards.
    Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

welcome Bill

I am sorry that the catalyst for you joining was so traumatic for both Luke and yourself but i hope that it will be all upside from here
    Hugh Hodges
    1973 E
    Australian TYP 901 Register #005
    Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Bill, welcome aboard

I'm also hearing, you may have some 'black ops' activity in the realm of sportomatics.

If this is you, Id be keen to here more on this.

Sending you a pm cheers Michel
      Last edited by Michel; 06-07-15, 06:24 PM. Reason: SM911 told me my grammar is appalling

Comment

Originally posted by 72_sporto View Post
        This is my first post on this forum so please be understanding as I find my way around. I suspect this will need to move to the Off Topic forum..

It's been a steep learning curve over the last two weeks for some of us Brisbane 901 owners- and for Luke.

I've already privately thanked Luke but would also like to publicly thank him for his understanding, his honesty and his unwavering moral compass- in what has been an arduous couple of weeks.

I would also like to thank John Forcier for his expert opinion and guidance. What a great introduction to the members of the register.

Thank you all for allowing allowing public access your extensive knowledge and wisdom. My joining this register has been long overdue....

Thank the Porsche LWB gods for production numbers.

Sorry if this sounded like an acceptance speech at the Academy Awards.
        Hi Bill and welcome to the Register

This is very much "on" topic so its just fine here.

Quite a tangled mess that Luke has but thanks to your involvement at least his story is almost complete and your safe in the knowledge that your car is the real deal.
        Clyde Boyer
        TYP 901 Register Inc.
        President
        Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Welcome Bill to the intriguing world of 901 fanatics.
          Cheers
          Paul M

Comment

..this thread is definitely "on topic" Bill. Welcome to the club and you've become our 22nd Qld member
            Peter Williams #049
            Secretary TYP901
            1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Welcome aboard Bill
              Cam Arnott
              Looking for engine #6208151
              1970 911E (Sold)
              '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
              2 x Split Screen Kombis
              TYP 901 Register # 78
              Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Welcome Bill

For all the heartburn, you at least have the comfort knowing you own what you own...

Lots of info here for you to help you get your car back out on the road. Mostly it's just opinion, but occasionally there's a nugget of gold in the rubbish we talk
                John Forcier
                1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                Restoration Saga
                1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

welcome bill,

now that bill knows what he owns and luke knows what he owns, is there some one out there that doesnt know what they own ?
                  Craig
                  12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
                  1972 2.4E Targa project
                  1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

Welcome Bill! I'm sure you had a few people here holding a magnifying class up to their VIN number over the past week.

Comment

Welcome aboard although it has been by an induction of fire. I think in hindsight it is a valuable learning curve for all involved particularly now since the cars have taken a new direction in availability and affordability.
                      This is what a club like this can offer memebers and why it is important that budding newbies join.
                      I am sure that Lukes car will find a keen buyer as from all accounts it is a credit to him and being an E and Australian delivered has a lot to offer an astute buyer.
                      Nev

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcop View Post
                        occasionally there's a nugget of gold in the rubbish we talk
                        Is that a nugget of gold, rolled in turd glitter?

Uh oh, I got my analogies mixed up.
                        -------------
                        On a serious note - welcome Bill. I look forward to meeting you soon.

Comment

Bill there are other worthy threads and as you know John has good sporto knowledge.

but this is a good one

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/507875-ultimate-maybe-sportomatic-gearbox-rebuild.html

Comment

Also welcome Bill, from another SEQ 901er. Not sure what part you are in but look forward to catching up.

Merv

Comment

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes and the links. As John has stated, my car is in "repair" mode as I attend to some leaking rear windscreen and other issues. (These things happen if your car is your daily driver for over 20 years...)
                              Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

Working...
                              X