The RIGHT original Fuchs finish...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The RIGHT original Fuchs finish...

The other day I wanted to provide a wheel guy with a pukka original Fuchs reference photo, but there are so many variations out there.

Acknowledging that I'm opening a can of anorak worms, what IS the correct finish?

Do we have any detailed file photos from Porsche? Were finishes slightly different between the first year and last year of the original Fuchs style (before they went to the blacked out centres in 74/75)?

Surely some Weidman wheel photos will pop up here too. But does he do variable finishes or only 'factory finish'?

Okay I'll get started ... and stand to be corrected;

Just for finish reference - not sizing.

Pre '68 - unpainted / anodised

'68 and later - painted / anodised
    Attached Files

Comment

This may also help
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SM911 View Post
        The other day I wanted to provide a wheel guy with a pukka original Fuchs reference photo, but there are so many variations out there.

Acknowledging that I'm opening a can of anorak worms, what IS the correct finish?

Do we have any detailed file photos from Porsche? Were finishes slightly different between the first year and last year of the original Fuchs style (before they went to the blacked out centres in 74/75)?

Surely some Weidman wheel photos will pop up here too. But does he do variable finishes or only 'factory finish'?
        What year are you trying to reproduce the correct finish for?

I have a NOS 73 wheel for reference and have had a NOS 74 wheel which was identical in finish but a different wheel
        Clyde Boyer
        TYP 901 Register Inc.
        President
        Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Working...
        X