Its nearly here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leatherette Type B

This car has Black leatherette / Type B interior listed.

Does anyone know what the Type B refers to ? I have read it means "black" but seems very un-german to say black then type B (black).

Comment

Type B was a code used for black.

Comment

seats

RW done - forms on the way to Clyde - seatbelts in a parcel on way to me - so close to being able to drive this.

This car will be restored to factory original - over a long time.

Thinking about seats. Docs say black leatherette B - guessing B would be seat insert type?

From what I have found 912's had corduroy inserts - maybe also basket weave?

Seems like Black leatherette Type B - would most likely refer to seats with basket weave inserts as corduroy would be B/C2 rather than just Type B???

Looking to make this as original as possible so any info on possible 912 1966 (US) interiors would be helpful.
        Attached Files

Comment

Early 911 and late 356's just used B for Black interiors, dependent on the trim material, which may have had different code. Check derwhites maybe: http://derwhites356literature.com/De...iterature.html

Comment

With love from Canada

Club plates on and on the road finally.

After buying on eBay at end of July it is finally here from Canada. Road worthy (new tyres, windscreen, washer bottle, some lights fixed, new indicator lenses).

Drive really well. The engine was popping etc.over first few km's but after each KM of driving the engine is getting smoother and smoother.

Loving the lightness etc. of this car. Closest I had before is a 914 or a 3.2 911 - this is really something else.

Car seems be very original, basically rust free. Going to drive around over the next year or so before I do too much to it. Will end up getting interior restored and a respray and new syncros.

Amazed at the 3500-6000 Rev range - just zips though it.

Looking forward to coming on a 901 run now that I have one (well a 902) on the road.
            Attached Files

Comment

Lovely Robin ,

Some Hella 128s will only enhance even further....

Comment

Working...
              X