Blaupunkt Stuttgart - Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blaupunkt Stuttgart - Help!!!

The switch box on my beautiful period (circa 1970) Blaupunkt Stuttgart AM radio is faulty (read as the other f word ending in d).
    It's currently with James at Soundlabs for repair, but he's uncertain whether or not he can source the part, or alternatively whether or not he is able to repair the faulty (read as - see above) part - Soundlabs speciality is Becker, and if my radio happened to be a Becker, no problem, however, Murphy's Law applies and James doesn't think that Blaupunkt parts are as readily available.

So, does anyone have an old Blaupunkt radio that is beyond repair but has a working switch box that could be salvaged? I gaurantee that it will find a good home.
    Where's Viron??
    BTW, the switch box (at least that's what I understoood James to call it - he is Asian you know!) is the little box like component that the shaft from the facia dial goes into to switch the radio on and off and also controls the volume.
    I don't have a photo of the component but I have attached a photo of the KYJ interior showing the radio - what a great looking interior
    Attached Files
    Peter Williams #049
    Secretary TYP901
    1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

I'd like to sincerely thank everyone who responded to my plight with offers of new radios, complete in-car entertainment systems, overseas trips, tickets to the British Open and Wimbledon and indeed trauma counselling to compensate for the grief I was experiencing with the apparent demise of my beloved Blaupunkt.
    However I have just received wonderful news , James from Soundlabs has managed to repair the broken switch and I will once again be able to listen to that wonderful 60's music on Saturday Night Juke Box whilst cruising through the majestic Dandenong Ranges on those balmy summer evenings.:p
    (Note - for our overseas and interstate members, the Dandenong Ranges are just behind Upwey - and you all know where Upwey is!!)
    Peter Williams #049
    Secretary TYP901

Comment

What drugs are they selling in Monbulk these days Peter?

If you have further problems I have a spare blaupunkt or two you may be able to raid.
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Clyde

I'll trade you one Blaupunkt for a Becker Mexico (circa 1970, stereo with tape player)

To answer the drug question - Krispy Kreme donuts washed down with Boost Juice
        Peter Williams #049
        Secretary TYP901

Comment

you southerners can be very funny blokes when the mood takes you...

Comment

they can Tony... when they're not taking the piss out of us Sydney -siders and our one dimensional characters (or is that 2... money and real estate?).

when mark G and I were down at the Nats we sahred a table with gouldwil.... pity you can't make it to Sydney.... it'd be on for young and old as Marcus is attending on Saturday evening.
            Justin Reed
            aka Reedminor
            1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
            1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
            1961 356B #114700
            Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Working...
            X