Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone, I thought I would introduce myself... being the newest member.
    Im Matt Hart, 34, from Sydney.
    I met most of the Sydney gang on the last run (great cars, great day), & have known some of you for a few years.
    I own the Irish Green 1969t that has been mentioned on another thread. I've had the car for almost 3 years. As mentioned it's a 69t, Irish Green, UK delivered. The car has the Comfort Pack (Appearance Group) ie; 'S' interior, 'S' exterior trim & brakes, 14 inch wheels etc. I purchased the car from Melbourne nearly 3 years ago. It had been painted blue some time in the last 30 years. I had the body restored last year & returned back to correct colour.
    Although I have tried to keep it as original as possible, I love the R-Gruppe style & early race 901's (911R,T/R,S/T etc). I have recently added the Porsche script down the side and re-fitted my twin pipe, ie; loud muffler, to the car. It is still running the 2.0 engine, with Webbers, however I plan on some sort of upgrade in the future. Justin R has some photos, & hopefully can post some until I get sorted.
    I will see you on Sunday (not sure if I can make dinner).
    Thanks,

Ha, someone close to my age! Welcome!

Comment

Welcome Matt

Good to see another member with 14" wheels - built for comfort.
      As I tell Julie, it's not the size (of the wheels) that counts but how you use (them) it. :p
      Last edited by MrUpwey; 31-07-06, 12:14 PM.
      Peter Williams #049
      Secretary TYP901
      1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Thanks for the welcome!
        Peter, the 14's are about to go, Im undecided as to wheel choice. It's between 15x6 fuchs, Minilites or widened steelies (something different). I certainly have comfort...185/80x14!!

Comment

Hi Matt, welcome.

Why not go 7's on the rears. Love both the Minilite and the widened steelie look. If interested I think I've got some shots of my car with 6 and 7 steelies - on the same year car. Rims now reside in the garage in favour of newly restored Fuchs of the same size.

Hey Erwin - are you looking to set up a GEN X subgroup of the club?

Cheers
          Paul Wischer
          1969 911T
          1979 Californian Moke
          TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

Gees I have been beaten to the puch twice recently but I am actuially happy about that as it means the new members want to get on the board and get involved and thats just great by me.

Welcome Matt you and Justin can hold Irish Green sub meetings!!!!
            Clyde Boyer
            TYP 901 Register Inc.
            President
            Early S Register Member #294

Comment

steelies are cool - very hotrod

Comment

Welcome Matt,

I think we should have a breakaway sub 40 (well I can join for 3 days anyway, 40 hear we come!!!) and 911T club, ????

Shane

Comment

welcome Matt, and let me know if you want to make the dinner by Thursday. You can drop in for a drink beforehand if you have time early in the evening.

Now I'm thinking of forming a group for fat old guys who dont know how to drive properly but love sitting around drinking and talking about early Pcars.
                  Im President. Any takers?

tonyc

Comment

Thanks everyone! It seems that there maybe sub-clubs popping up everywhere, lol!
                    Ryan, I have seen some very cool R-gruppe style cars with steelies. they are quite hard to find. Does anyboby know if the early space-savers (15") are suitable for widening. Im know sure if they are dot approved, however, they look like early steelies.

Comment

err...are steelies just normal steel wheels or some other form of esoterica that onlly you sub-40's know about????

Comment

Normal steel wheels...http://www.rgruppe.org/Events/Cambri...rce/orange.htm

Comment

Old school...

Comment

very cool, I think I need some as well. But that minilite/fuch combo is not bad either.
                            MichaelJapp
                            71E
                            Typ901 #065
                            EarlyS #798

Comment

OK you guys fight over the heavy steel ones and leave those awful forged light weight alloy Fuchs things for us old blokes to dribble over.

Comment

Working...
                              X