Typ901 Sydney Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Typ901 Sydney Weekend

We had a very pleasant social gathering last night and a fun drive today notwithstanding the grey skies and spatters of rain. The ladies rather sensibly declined the Sunday morning early rise (as in getting out of bed, for all you dirty minds) so it was a boys only drive up some very nice twisty roads to Wisemans Ferry. The bitumen was quite greasy making things interesting, well it was for me at least. Personally I could have done without a 50 metre quadruple fishtail with pike exiting a fast left hander down a narrow bit of mossy/slimey road near Mangrove Mountain with rather large trees on both verges, but being a regular Walter Rohrl type I soon had the car back on line and right up Justins quadruple Abarth exhaust pipes.

It was FANTASTIC to have a real interstate presence - Cam, Phil, Brett and Andrew thankyou for your efforts and support of Typ901 in NSW.

I am attaching a few batches of pix following. It was a pretty grey day. Shane Rudd turned 40 this weekend, it was a pity we didnt know as we could have organised something really embarrassing for him without too much effort I'm sure.

cheers

tonyc
    Attached Files

Nice to see that Phil took along his picnic table.
    (It may have been useful had the weather been like we had in Melbourne this weekend.)

Sounds as though you all had a terrific weekend. Nice photos Tony.
    For those of us who (unfortunately) couldn't be there, is it possible to put names to the faces?
    ..................Don't worry about Brett.
    Last edited by MrUpwey; 06-08-06, 08:33 PM.
    Peter Williams #049
    Secretary TYP901
    1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Big Thanks to all the Sydney 901ers. It was a fantastic weekend.
      I was picked up from the airport by Phil in his 930, visited the boat show, perused the cars at the Classic Throttle shop, checked Ryan's collection of cars at his mechanics, bought a coffee and T shirt at Deus Ex Machina, had pre dinner drinks at Tony's house, dinner and drinks at local restaraunt, early morning run through the Hawkesbury River area, late breaky, fish & chips in Bondi for lunch and then a flight home.
      And best of all, met all these wonderful 901 Sydney people.
      All in one weekend. Now, any one got any suggestions for next weekend?

I also must mention that we got rained on(actually saturated) in sunny Sydney, took the wrong turn off more than once, cursed the traffic, talked Real Estate prices, paid exhorbitant fees for car parking, crossed the bridge more times than most locals do in their Lifes, and got a car parking fine for parking nose to Kerb instead of reversing in.
      Big thanks again and hopefully we will see a Sydney contingent in Melbourne.

Comment

...and a final batch.

I'm not really sure what detail of 911-esoterica Louise was trying to explain to Brett, but he does look fascinated/bemused, doesnt he?
        We had a couple of lovely SCs along this morning as well. John Taylor, who sells Harley Davidsons and is involved in Classic Rallying up here (which some of us should think seriously about having a go at) and Greg, in matching light yellow cars. I think they enjoyed themselves and are interested in joining Typ901. Nick Taylor arrived in his black 993Turbo citing the weather as reason for his GORGEOUS Bahia Red 2.2S remaining indoors. Garage Queen.
        Theres also a pic of Ryan and Kao. Kao apparently drove the new E up to Scone and back yesterday - thats a 300+km round trip. You go girl! I dont know what Cam Arnott is trying to show Brett Ditchfield the size of in the background.

tonyc
        Attached Files

Comment

Peter
          Batch1/Pic1 - Maureen Rudds hair/LouiseCaro/ShaneRudd/Brett
          B1/P2 - CamArnott/Kao/Ryan/Emma+AndrewBegg/half of DennisBrooks
          B1/P3 - Emma+AndrewBegg/Dennis/Shan+PaulXifaris/ShaneRudd
          B2/P5 - Hippo end of table/MattHart/JohnTaylor/AndrewVidler/NickTaylor

I think you can work out the rest.

Comment

Thanks Tony
            .......................and the wine? Hunter or Barossa?
            Peter Williams #049
            Secretary TYP901
            1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Brett,

Is there still a nice Targa on display at CTS.
              Clyde Boyer
              TYP 901 Register Inc.
              President
              Early S Register Member #294

Comment

To everyone, thanks for a great morning of driving and socializing! It was nice to meet the interstate guests...Phil Brett,Cam & Andrew. My poor old T' was having a great old time on the greasy stuff, especially with a large white shadow(Phil), inches from my tailpipes, hurrying me along.
                Nick, I like that 993 turbo bodykit you put on the S' you really should have left it original. It seems to be going well though!!
                Tony, I think I am saving up for a Gemini blue 73 S'....thanks!

Comment

Clyde, there's a really nice Targa there. Asking big bucks for it and claiming that some eccentric guy from Melbourne(and no its not the one from Upwey) spent "bucket loads of cash" on it.
                  Who can believe these used car salesmen?

Comment

Brett

Ring me urgently on 0419 595 813, tonight or tomorrow
                    Clyde Boyer
                    TYP 901 Register Inc.
                    President
                    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

tony: many thanks for arranging the weekend and hosting pre-dinners etc on saturday night.

everyone else: good to catch up and shoot the breeze.

lastly, a question: i'm think letting others drive your car, swapping cars etc is a great idea. you and others get to experience different cars, you get feedback on how your own car is set up/running etc (and can give the same), it makes it more fun for the interstate guys etc etc.

i had a blast driving a bunch of cars on my melb trip, got to recall my 901 gearbox days driving nick's 2.2S back from berrima and andrew v appeared to be having a ball during a decent stint in my E on the weekend.

however, i didn't see much of this happening on sunday. what do you think of the idea?

Comment

Tony, many thanks too.
                        Had a ball over the weekend !
                        If only i read the whole email detailing the starting point for the drive on sunday... i might have got the right McDonalds .... ! Still, enjoyed 'catching up' with everyone.

Interestingly enough, as i filled up back in Chatswood, a chap in an (very nice but...) old red Alfa came over to look at the car ... looking dreamily at it ... said he'd just sold his Bahia Red 2.2S NZ car to fund a swimming pool and was bitterly regretting it ..... !!!!

Comment

Valid point Ryan...

I thought of the same thing.....

Perhaps if we hadn't been pushed for time and the roads weren't like an ice-rink more people would have been more inclined...

Its a habit we should try to foster though.... want to drive the swb next time? Thoroughly enjoyed following aka901 and the rest of the multi-hued 901 conga line.
                          Justin Reed
                          aka Reedminor
                          1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
                          1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
                          1961 356B #114700
                          Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Thanks Tony - Great drive yesterday (I'm glad I had 4wd on some of those roads in that weather) - sorry I had to shoot off early.
                            Shame I missed Sat night too, sounded like everyone had a good time.

Comment

Working...
                            X