Worth a visit to New York just to see them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worth a visit to New York just to see them

New York might not be the first place on Earth you would necessarily think of for classics cars, but there are at least two gems worth visiting if you find yourself in NYC.

Coppers Classic Cars in Perry Street, Greenwich Village is a great place to visit. Send the wife to Chealsea markets and you can go to Coopers.
    Cooper Classic Cars offers a fine selection of exotic, classic, antique, and vintage cars. Located in NYC

They are really friendly guys and happy for you to browse. These are real cars guys with a stunning range of 356s and Speedsters plus all sorts of eye candy. I've been trying to buy the fabulous 56 300SL from them for a couple of years now , but making no progress. Just not for sale. Drop dead gorgeous thing with its original dust.

GullWing Motors in Brooklyn is another great place. www.gullwingmotorcars.com
    My first visit there.
    Eye watering range of fabulous cars. Ask to see all four showrooms. From million dollar concourse cars to rusty old redo projects. Lots of Porsches and a vast and varied range of mostly hugely desirable car and thankfully, not so many Yank muscle cars. Again, a bunch of real enthusiasts happy for you to wander around.

Almost worth the trip to NYC just for those two.
    Anyone know of any others?

Wow, that GullwingMotorcars place must be huge!
    And I'm surprised by the affordability of the early 911s they have on offer. Then again, no idea what they look like up close and msot of 'm seem to need some love and care.

Btw: For US$20,000 that 250GTO replica looks great fun.... until you see that Nissan engine in the front
    1973 911T Coupe
    1976 911S Coupe - 2.8RSR to be

"Just don't lift mid-turn."

Comment

Jeff, there used to be a classic car dealer down in Tribeca on West Broadway from memory. Not sure if it's still there.
      I bought a Porsche for my boss at the time from Cooper Classics 20 years ago when I first moved to NYC.
      Incredible location for a classic car dealership and can't believe it's still there ... The value of that property would be staggering.
      Ben.

Comment

Working...
      X