Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next Sydney event

Guys

Building on the success of last weekend how do you feel about nailing down another event? options are:

1. Regularity event at Eastern Creek that Justin is touting in another thread. I wouldnt mind turning up for a sticky anyway - sounds like Ryan and Nick will be there as well.
    2. An informal morning run in a fortnight/3 weeks.
    3. A more formal run like the Berrima one. Maybe mid October?

I am out of the picture from mid Sept to early Oct, but dont let that stop you.

tonyc

i vote for option 2 - maybe a southern run?

Comment

I'm in for number 2 - my weekends are too full with house renovations at the moment for #3.
      It looks like I'm going to enter the Eastern Creek round on the 20th - not regularity though. Ryan, you should come out - maybe the red car, you can borrow the trailer :-)

Another option that you guys might like - there's a non-formal Historics round (it's run by MG Club, it's a pre-80's sportscar series) at Goulburn on the 28/29th October. Ryan and I have both entered, there are always plenty of Porsches - not many 901's but it's good racing and the track is great for spectators, though a little cold!

Comment

me too for number 2 - i can do the 20th / 27th ... and south seems a good idea (that newly re-opened route in the National Park ... or something else ?)

Comment

Tony
          Whilst we "piked" on last Saturdays run either 2 or 3 is fine. 3 would be great as say a regular binnual event and 2 more spontaneous.

Chris

Comment

Tony, I'll try to fit into anyone of the above
            Shane

car should be back in order by weekend (registration tomorrow)
            still running badly though, looks like a trip to Bob Whyms

Comment

Chaps,

I have a run organised to Culburra for a barbque at a PCNSW members place.
              I need a date - Tony when do you get back ?
              Justin - when is the PCNSW concours this year ?

Cheers,
              Dennis.

Comment

PCNSW Concours

October 22 @ Clontarf again.

Start cleaning:p
                Justin Reed
                aka Reedminor
                1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
                1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
                1961 356B #114700
                Instagram: reedminor

Comment

The straw poll looks like an early drive on 20 (Eastern Creek?) or 27 Aug or 03 September. I prefer the latter but is that Fathers Day?

I like the idea of a south drive.

tonyc

Comment

I'm in, now that you blokes have proved that youre not just a bunch of car tossers. Lets prove to Melb that there's more to Sydney than real estate prices....

PS only if Justin is there to organises things, as I've seen what can potentially happen if you're missing reedminor. Pandamonium...... Sorry I missed what sounded like a fun run.

Andy

Comment

I was thinking of heading to the German Autofest in Canberra October 15.
                      Is there any interest in making a weekend of it? Maybe the southern 901ers could venture up? Event is run by Porsche Club of Canberra as a charity day for the ACT Fire Service. 350 cars last year sounds like a huge day, did anybody go last year?
                      Craig
                      12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
                      1972 2.4E Targa project
                      1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

Andrew,

Thanks for the compliment but DB and Tony are also deft hands at organising things...

These things don't happen by magic... they require people to volunteer.

If we stick to the KISS principle and don't do things too frequently then we have nothing to lose and a lot to gain.

Who will be at the concours...? No need to enter you can just display.

Am aiming for 20 901's this year
                        Justin Reed
                        aka Reedminor
                        1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
                        1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
                        1961 356B #114700
                        Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Justin and everyone - if we headed south via NatPark/Stanwell Park and new sea bridge what are the options from there? My recollection is the coast road whilst nice and twisty is very busy and 60/80Kmh.

Bulli Pass and...??? or what happens further south past Wollongong. Would Macquarie Pass be a bit far for a morning run?

Whatever the 7:00 coffee for 7:30 start is highly desirable to get good numbers along and also avoid traffic.

tonyc

ps do we need a Cams permit every time - even if run is unofficial, whatever that means?
                          Last edited by TonyC; 11-08-06, 07:01 AM. Reason: extra info

Comment

my 2c: if we all understand that we are all responsible for our own actions then we don't need a CAMS permit at all for a drive on a public road.

Comment

Further to my recent posting,I have confirmed a date for the Culburra barbeque as Sunday 24 September.
                              This will be held at Bill and Joan Turner's place overlooking the ocean.
                              I anticipate leaving Brighton about 9:30 and leaving to return at about 3:30 or so.
                              I will provide more details closer to the date.
                              Tony,sorry about the date !
                              This will be an official run and I will clarify the CAMS thingy in the next couple of days .
                              If anyone wants to organise an ad hoc drive between now and then,don't be shy !
                              Who can I pencil in at this stage ?

Cheers,
                              Dennis.

Comment

Working...
                              X