X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Singeresque bits

I really like the front bumper.
    Attached Files

And painted up (although think this is an actual Singer)
    Attached Files

Comment

Like it

Cheers
      Adam

Comment

It's a bit of an ordinary view when you look through the slot.

Comment

Love it!

Comment

Yes I'd have a nice mesh behind the slot.

Comment

My other concern is that i know that the early series cars perform different with the older style bumper compared to the S style with the lip and the same with the G series where a chin is necessary to hold the front down when a rear whale tail is fitted. Looking at all my other late model non porsche cars i see great effort has gone into fitting underside panelling to streamline airflow under the car to minimize drag and turbulence and noise. This bumper to me looks tough but I think it is a bit of a gimmick.

Comment

That's my understanding too Neville, early bumper generates lift at high speed, add a tail it can become hairy, the later bumper addresses this with or without wing. So my guess would be that the Singeresque front bumper on its own could be no worse that the early bumper.

I have no evidence but I'd think that Singer would have done some work to balance their front bumper with rear wing? Assuming that is the case, that's what I like about it, painted up as shown it retains the earlier "look" and let's you run a rear wing too. Of course this is all just froth and fashion, but the Singer rear wing appears to generate stronger feelings against. From what I understand is added to the operating 964 wing, which can be retrofitted to an early car too if you have nothing better to do.
                Attached Files

Comment

And up and operating...
                  Attached Files

Comment

And these club auto sport folk (as I'm sure others do/will) do the Singeresque wing too for operating 964 or fixed earlier wings.
                    Attached Files

Comment

For me with my slightly bastardised 71 with SC rear flares I think it would look cool with the Singeresque front bumper but with standard front guards to get that fat arse look. Not so sure about the Singer rear wing, I'd be more inclined to just fit a standard 964 operating wing if I were that keen to have a clean rear and an operating wing. But it's all fashion until you get up near the top speed (I wonder what that is in a 71 with a webbered 2.7? Must find out one day...)

Comment

Working...
                      X