X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on this engine and price

Hi guys

I have a 71e engine and mfi setup but still have some parts to source
    Mfi pump rebuild and engine rebuild to some degree needed (unknown condition at his stage)

Looking for opinions thoughts from the collective on this engine for sale

The car is sold so I now have a zero mile never run engine for sale. Henry at Supertec built the long block. I will crate and can help with an export broker. • 1971 2.2 911E s/n 6210689 • 86mm bore / 70.4 stroke – 2.45 litre • The engine was received in November 2015 and hasn’t been run • Fully machined and assembled (long block) by Henry at Supertec in California • case savers,oil squirters, oil bypass mod, line bore • SC oil pump with flow mod • 86mm AA Biral cylinders w/Nikasil

Cheers
    Ash
    1971 911E
    1993 964 30 Jahre 'Jubilee' Edition Looking for engine 6218087

High Risk!
    With the exchange rate, freight and duty you should be able to get something built locally for similar money if you have a good core to start with.
    I'd find an engine builder you trust and see what's required for yours.

Comment

Check with Don Munro at DHM. He will give good advice

Comment

Originally posted by Ashbaxter View Post
        Hi guys

I have a 71e engine and mfi setup but still have some parts to source
        Mfi pump rebuild and engine rebuild to some degree needed (unknown condition at his stage)

Looking for opinions thoughts from the collective on this engine for sale

The car is sold so I now have a zero mile never run engine for sale. Henry at Supertec built the long block. I will crate and can help with an export broker. • 1971 2.2 911E s/n 6210689 • 86mm bore / 70.4 stroke – 2.45 litre • The engine was received in November 2015 and hasn’t been run • Fully machined and assembled (long block) by Henry at Supertec in California • case savers,oil squirters, oil bypass mod, line bore • SC oil pump with flow mod • 86mm AA Biral cylinders w/Nikasil

Cheers
        Ash
        If Mark Jung (MFI werks) has done the pump your fine it says he has.
        Clyde Boyer
        TYP 901 Register Inc.
        President
        Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Hi Ash,

I've been following the build of this engine on Pelican.

He has had all of the "right" people in the US do all the work on it. Henry @ Supertec built the longblock, Mark Jung did the pump, Eurometrix the throttle bodies Etc

As far as the risk is concerned I think it is as low as you can get.

The price is high and you could have your engine rebuilt for the same or less given shipping costs and taxes.

The question is, do you want to wait for a year for your engine to be rebuilt here (which is what it seems to take) or do you want to freight the engine straight here and bolt it in?

Cheers,

Harry

Comment

It looks attractive to me albeit expensive landed as I still have parts to source and what I have is an incomplete jigsaw puzzle with unknown rebuild costs at this stage.

Hypothetically if that engine was for sale locally, what would be a realistic price?

Or more so if I keep on going with what I have started to a similar outcome regardless of the cost to do so, what would it be worth to sell?
            As with the whole project it is not about profit on completion, more about my own logic and self justification.
            Last edited by Ashbaxter; 24-05-16, 09:30 AM.
            1971 911E

Comment

ash
              to have the same motor rebuilt locally by a professional, sending all the bits to the US for reco that cant be done here i dont think you would see any or much change from $30K, and 12 months as Harry said.
              that motor has been done by all the best people in the US and has been for sale for a while, i note it does need SSI's, who knows what the vendor might accept ?
              a 'new' MFI motor with all the right bits done properly would have to be worth $30K locally when you consider that a core MFI motor is going to set you back $10K.
              Craig
              12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
              1972 2.4E Targa project
              1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

Thanks all for the info and opinions
                Looks like it has been sold so academic really.
                So pump to MFI Werks and throttle bodies to Eurometrics?

And as I work out what else I am missing I will no doubt harass you all.
                1971 911E

Comment

Here are some engines that were for sale at Technoclassica Essen on the MIttel Motor stand.

And they also had a nice display of fuel injection goodies as pictured on the rack. They build nice stuff, and know how to charge for it too.
                  Attached Files
                  sigpicPhil Lack
                  TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                  Early 911-S Registry # 690
                  R-Gruppe # 367
                  '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                  '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                  2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                  1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Big $$
                    1971 911E

Comment

I really would have talk with Don at DHM in Brisbane. You have nothing to lose. He did a complete rebuild on my motor for much less with the best parts available and taking less time than has been suggested.

Comment

Working...
                      X