Plastic sleeve for metal tabs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plastic sleeve for metal tabs?

Has anyone got a suggestion for replacement for the plastic sleeves that cover the metal tabs for wiring? I thought about shrink wrap, but it's not exactly the same.

They're still available from Porsche.......

Or find a plastic tube, and cut to match.

Comment

Originally posted by Classic View Post
      They're still available from Porsche.......

Or find a plastic tube, and cut to match.
      I've been searching for plastic tubing without much success. I found some heavy duty shrink wrap from Jaycar this morning that's perfect for the job. It's called double wall 8mm diameter.

Comment

Are you referring to heat shrink? You can buy insulated spade adapters for wiring if that is what's you need. Any pics?

Comment

Found the part number......

Part No. 91161282100

It's these things, correct?
          Attached Files

Comment

you could use heat shrink, just dont use heat on it,any electrical wholesaler will have it,all different sizes, i assume your not referring to heat shrink as shrink wrap a totaly different product,
            Last edited by 911ex2; 01-06-16, 10:41 AM.
            GRC930, Graham

Comment

Originally posted by 911ex2 View Post
              you could use heat shrink, just dont use heat on it,any electrical wholesaler will have it,all different sizes, i assume your not referring to heat shrink as shrink wrap a totaly different product,
              Ha - yes I just re-read my original post. It should say heat shrink, not shrink wrap. I found some heavy duty heat shrink that worked great. It's much easier than cutting tubing to slot over both tabs.

Comment

Working...
              X