Jumpstarter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jumpstarter

If anyone is thinking about a jumpstart to keep in your car I've just recently upgraded to a lithium ion based one. It only weights 1.6kg and doesn't lose charge in standby. It's tiny compared to the old school lead acid type.

Jaycar have them on special at the moment for $299.

that is a proper piece of kit. Not bad value consider how much weight you save.

Comment

I bought one of these for about $100. http://www.howtogeek.com/179499/this...tart-your-car/

They are about twice the size of a cigarette pack and even started my wife's 4WD - a 3 litre turbo diesel with massive compression. Also can recharge phones, pads and so on. I have one in each car glovebox.

Comment

Merv, I just tried to purchase one through Amazon (around $80) via the link in your post, but was rejected as they can't/won't ship electronic items to Australia
        Where did you get yours?
        Peter Williams #049
        Secretary TYP901
        1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Peter it's on ebay.com.au for 112 aud.

Comment

Also on Ebay Peter. I was amazed that it spun over a V6 diesel with ease. Merv

Comment

Guys, remember these have Li-ion batteries so shipping them (especially airfreight) is a paperwork nightmare for the shipper. I know, wwe ship devices with these batteries all the time around the world and its getting harder and harder.
              sigpicPhil Lack
              TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
              Early 911-S Registry # 690
              R-Gruppe # 367
              '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
              '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
              2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
              1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Working...
              X