alternative jack points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alternative jack points

Can anyone advise me exactly where are the correct points to lift the car using a trolley jack? I want to do some Clyde-style toothbrush work behind the wheels but I also don't want to put a big bloody dent in the floor pan.

thanks in advance

from the front underneath the torsion bars... use a thick bit of wood between the jack and the car to spread the load.

from the rear... I'd double check with Grant ... but most of the times I've watched cars being jacked up they have gone to the sump plug...

from the sides .... buy one of the fittings you can put into your jack spur...which has something the trolley jack can go under. If you wish I could loan you mine. Otherwise these are available from all the parts places... Mike and Lisa from Spyder also sell them I think

might see you out at Eatern Creek next week Tony?
    Justin Reed
    aka Reedminor
    1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
    1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
    1961 356B #114700
    Instagram: reedminor

Comment

thanks Justin
      Would like to make it out as a spectator - presume thats OK. Is there reasonable parking and what time does it kick off.

Any others going?

Comment

plenty of parking tony... I'll be there, I'm pretty sure ryan's heading out for a look too.

Comment

Tony you use the same jacking points as normal, but use a piece of bar that fits into the existing point,with aplate(circular) that fits into the cup of your trolley jack, hope its not a weaner size one , the plate needs to be at least 90mm to sit into agood size cup,have been doing this for 10 years, i forgot to mention the bar is welded to the plate, hope this helps, Graham
          GRC930, Graham

Comment

Working...
          X